Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

More Bad News for McCain: Tancredo's endorsement

December 21, 2007
    More Bad News for McCain: Tancredo Endorsement May Boost Romney in Primaries, Cut into McCain's Chances for Comeback

Diary Entry by Mark C. Eades

As stories circulate regarding John McCain's relationships with telecom lobbyists following the Drudge Report's revelation of a possible breaking story on misdealings by McCain in the New York Times, dropout Tom Tancredo's endorsement of Mitt Romney may further complicate McCain's attempt at a comeback. A hero of the right-wing backlash against undocumented immigration, Tancredo dropped out of the race Thursday and endorsed Romney even as the Drudge story on McCain broke. As far as endorsements may go, this one could boost Romney considerably among base Republicans sympathetic to Tancredo in the early primary states, and significantly cut into McCain's chances for a comeback. McCain's support for the Bush comprehensive immigration reform bill put forth earlier this year, which many further to the right referred to as an "amnesty" bill, has not endeared him to those who would have us fence off and militarize the border with Mexico. For this sizeable Republican constituency, Tancredo's endorsement could seal the deal for Romney. While some establishment Republicans have hoped that a resurgent McCain might be able to reunite the fractured party for the 2008 election, the ever-widening cracks among its warring factions may simply prove too great to overcome. All this is, of course, marvelous news for Democrats.

Mark C. Eades
    http://www.mceades.com
    http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/diarypage.php?did=5268
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tancredo's endorsement of Romney makes Gilcrhist's naive endorsement of Huckabee look all the more absurd.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not so fast. I just saw Chris Mathews put Romneys rep in the hot seat regarding statements of Mitt that they can't back up. One was "I saw my father march with Martin Luther King" well he didn't and they are reinterpreting what "saw" means. The other one was he said the NRA endorsed him, no they didn't. Oh, and one more. He's not such a great hunter, just rodents and rabbits. BFD to all these in my opinion, but they will use it against him no doubt.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw