Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

More illegal immigration protests today

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/ho ... 132617.php

Saturday, May 6, 2006
    More illegal immigration protests today
    About 100 take to a corner in Irvine

The Orange County Register

About 100 people are protesting illegal immigration today on a street corner in Irvine near the Irvine Spectrum shopping and entertainment center.

The group is organized by Sandra Sweet, a Mission Viejo real estate appraiser who also organized a rally on Monday in Santa Ana, to counter May 1 rallies and boycotts by activists favoring immigration reform that loosens restrictions on paths to citizenship.

Sweet's first rally drew about 60 people, while the pro-immigration rallies drew about 30,000.

Irvine police said the rally today is peaceful, and they have no additional officers detailed to it.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I'm assuming this is the same protest since it is also in Irvine.

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_126142838.html

May 6, 2006 11:20 am US/Pacific

Minutemen And Church Activists Rally In Irvine

(CBS) IRVINE, Calif. Activists from the Minuteman Project and a Buena Park church gathered for a "pro-America" demonstration against amnesty for illegal immigrants and to support secure borders.

First Southern Baptist Church Pastor Wiley Drake encouraged participants to "bring the biggest American flags that you can." The rally started at 10 a.m. on the corner of Irvine Center Drive and Alton Parkway in Irvine and will last until 2 p.m.

Drake said the Minutemen Project was a misunderstood group and was not anti-immigrant or racist. In recent months, the Minutemen Project created controversy by enlisting volunteers to patrol the U.S./ Mexican border in search of those crossing the border illegally.

"We don't call it anti-immigration, we call it a pro-American rally. We're not against immigrants," Drake said. "It's a moral issue. They're (illegal immigrants) living in the shadows."

Drake said his church often helps immigrants become legal by helping with paperwork. He claimed illegal immigrants cause traffic problems and hurt the economy because they lack insurance and work for less wages than most Americans would.

"The people (illegal immigrants) are being misused and being paid ridiculously low wages," he said. "That's hurting us and them."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I went to my first rally today in Santa Clara CA. It was amazing. Very peaceful demonstration with heavy police presence. A couple hundred patriotic Americans were there. What fun to wave the American flag and have people honk their horns in support. There were a few rude gestures, but not many. I had given up hope for the bay area. Now I know it's possible to do more here.

p.s. if anyone is in the area, there will be another protest next Saturday across from Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara starting around noon.

I'm glad to hear that this went well. I watched the news tonight and nothing was mentioned about this rally at all. I'm not surprised the TV news stations are biased.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind