Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MORE Matricular Consular nonsense

Published: April 27, 2007

Local News: Rockford
    Mexican residents endure long line for ID cards

Matricula consular ‘helps people in their daily lives,’ official says.

ROCKFORD — Hundreds of Mexican residents needing passports and identification cards lined the walkway to the Rock River Chapter of the American Red Cross on Thursday, braving the rain to meet with officials from the Consulate General of Mexico’s Chicago mobile operation

The line began forming as early as 3 a.m. One woman arrived at 9 p.m. Wednesday, worried she wouldn’t be given a number in line.

Red Cross classrooms were transformed into processing stations, helping people obtain passports and the all-important matricula consular identification cards.

The matricula consular is an identification card issued by the Mexican government to nationals living abroad.

Mexican nationals can obtain their matricula by filling out an application. The cost of the consular ID is $27 and the document is valid for five years. Applicants should provide one of the documents in each category:

Category 1: Proof of nationality by means of an original birth certificate, valid passport, a certificate of Mexican nationality or a baptism certificate notarized in Mexico.

Category 2: Proof of identity by means of a valid U.S. driver’s license, passport, Mexican voter’s card, school certificate, military registration card, U.S. work permit, U.S. resident card or state ID.

Category 3: Providing a proof of address by showing a utility bill, tax receipt, state ID or a U.S. driver’s license.

Julio C. Hurta, Mexican consul of Chicago, said the Mexican identification card is extremely useful for people living outside Mexico.

“The matricula helps people identify themselves, but it doesn’t solve anything related to immigration — to be legal or illegal or to stay in this country,” he said. “It helps people in their daily lives to obtain bank accounts, just like the passports help people when traveling.”

To obtain an ID card, officials said, the proper documentation is crucial — an official copy of their birth certificate is a must; other documents include a Mexican voter’s registration card, a marriage license or a Mexican driver’s license. Applicants must be 18 years or older and children must be accompanied by a parent. Parents must bring a child’s vaccination and school records.

They must also bring cash. A Mexican identification card is $27 and valid for five years; a passport is $84 for five years.

Hurta’s office covers counties in Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana, serving more than 25,000 people in an average eight-month period. This weekend alone, 900 passports and identification card requests will be processed by the mobile office.

The office is only in town through Sunday, with a maximum of 300 people being served daily, so organizers are encouraging residents to arrive early and come prepared with proper documentation.

“There were 500 people waiting outside when the doors opened (Thursday),” said Julio Salgado, Red Cross workplace coordinator. “I felt bad.”

Angelina Mares of Chicago was one of those who waited, only to be turned away after driving more than 90 miles to obtain her passport on her only day off. For Mares, returning was not an option; she won’t have a ride and she can’t afford to lose a day of pay.

“I feel frustrated. I need to fly to Mexico due to an emergency,” she explained. “We didn’t come to fight. We just wanted to be seen.”

Her sense of urgency and disappointment was apparent. The consulate will fulfill passport and identification requests daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Sunday at 727 N. Church St. in the classrooms of the Red Cross.

http://www.rrstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... /1004/NEWS
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It aids and abetts the illegal alien population. They should not be handing these out and American businesses should not accept them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Matricula consular ‘helps people in their daily lives,’ official says.
    Too damn bad it can't help them "in their daily lives" in MEXICO.

They must also bring cash.
    You mean they won't even take a Bank of America credit card from these illegals?

American Red Cross
    Don't these people have a Mexican Red Cross?

JAK
    The Matricula is a worthless piece of garbage and should NOT be allowed for use in the UNITED STATES!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

MW
    “I feel frustrated. I need to fly to Mexico due to an emergency,” she explained. “We didn’t come to fight. We just wanted to be seen.”
    So am I to assume the passport gives an illegal immigrant the opportunity to travel between the United States and Mexico with impunity?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I can get one of these matricula cards here in California in less than an hour. They're phony and worthless. Any terrorist could get one under any name he wanted and thereafter pose as a simple, harmless illegal alien (usually Hispanic) and eventually blow a whole bunch of us all to hell. They should be outlawed as a means if identification, but our government is to weak to do this. However, once we have another 9/11 and they figure out these matricula cards played a roll, all the finger pointing will start and the politicians will have a field day blaming each other.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    So am I to assume the passport gives an illegal immigrant the opportunity to travel between the United States and Mexico with impunity?
    MW,
    thats exactly what I was thinking, they make it sound as though it doesn't matter how you got in the country as long as you have some form of ID you can get a passport, and I thought the U.S. could only give out passports to get or be in the U.S. why is Mexico giving passports?Are these U.S. passports?

Looks like they are trying to make these illegals, legal and as many as possible, something is very fishy here. Maybe we should call homeland security and ask some questions.

May be we should call Judical Watch!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)