Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Morristown [NJ] deputizing plan stirs up large outcry

Morristown deputizing plan stirs up large outcry
    Advocates oppose town cops serving as immigration agents

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... /703270366
    BY MINHAJ HASSAN
    DAILY RECORD
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007

5 Comments
    HANOVER TWP. -- Leaders of local, state, and federal Latin American groups Monday called on area residents to oppose Morristown Mayor Donald Cresitello's application to the federal government to authorize town police to serve as immigration agents.

The pleas came Monday morning at a press conference at the Morris County Library in Whippany. It was led by the American Friends Services Committee of Newark and a Morristown-based immigration resource center, Wind of the Spirit.

Al Pina of the Florida Minority Community Investment Coalition, said the town "is on a slippery slope" if it adopts such a policy and will make history in all the wrong ways.

"It (Morristown) will be considered one of the most racist cities in America," he said.

Xiomara Guevara, executive director of the Morris County Organization for Hispanic Affairs, said Morristown would set a precedent in Morris County by deputizing police officers.

"It's going to go to Dover and surrounding communities," she said. "It is not going to be Morristown the racist city. It will be Morris County the racist county."

None of Morristown's seven council members or Mayor Cresitello were at the press conference, which attracted about 50 people.

Cresitello sent the deputization application to the federal Immigration Customs Enforcement agency three weeks ago.

Stuart Sydenstricker,
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

we should send this latinos leader the bill for all the social services the illegals use free of charge, and let's seee how they like those apples.
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandbluelatino
    we should send this latinos leader the bill for all the social services the illegals use free of charge, and let's seee how they like those apples.
    Good one RWBL!

Let's split the bill and send half to the ACLU as well.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

It (Morristown) will be considered one of the most racist cities in America," he said.

Always playing the race card. It has nothing to do with race. It's a law and order issue and we are tired of paying the bills for the illegals in this country. I don't think any other country or it's people would put up with this nonsense. Enough!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AFSC of Newark 973-643-1924
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)