Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MS: Group raises $30,000 to help detainees' families

Group raises $30,000 to help detainees' families
    The Associated Press

LAUREL, Miss. -- Almost $30,000 has been raised by a Jackson-based organization to help families of hundreds of immigrants taken into custody when authorities raided Howard Industries in Laurel last month.

The Mississippi Immigrants Rights Alliance says the raids took away the main money earners for dozens of families.

Immigration agents rounded up close to 600 suspected illegal immigrants in the August 25 raid at Howard Industries Incorporated. Officials say the detainees are being processed for deportation. However, MIRA director Bill Chandler said just before an association meeting in Jackson on Wednesday that some of the detainees may not even be illegal, but could be in the process of getting their citizenship.
    http://www.sunherald.com/218/story/810755.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: MS: Group raises $30,000 to help detainees' families

LAUREL, Miss. -- Almost $30,000 has been raised by a Jackson-based organization to help families of hundreds of immigrants taken into custody when authorities raided Howard Industries in Laurel last month.

$30,000? For hundreds of families? This should be interesting to watch :P

It won't be long before the IAs are bitching to the media about not being "given" enough $$$$ and food by MIRA, the church, and whatever other pro-illegal organization out there foolish enough to believe that these people will display any gratitude whatsoever

The Mississippi Immigrants Rights Alliance says the raids took away the main money earners for dozens of families.

Ahh, but on the bright side it opened up almost 600 jobs which will now rightfully go to the unemployed "main money earners" for dozens of AMERICAN families.

Sounds fair to me

Officials say the detainees are being processed for deportation.

Do they need any help in moving this along? I'll be glad to volunteer my administrative skills. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I know where I can find several thousand other volunteers willing to help out as well......who knows, maybe even millions.

However, MIRA director Bill Chandler said just before an association meeting in Jackson on Wednesday that some of the detainees may not even be illegal, but could be in the process of getting their citizenship.

Is that so? Hmmm. I guess, then, that the obvious question becomes, if this is so, then why is it that these folks are still in detention?

The raid took place almost 3 weeks ago. It would seem that anyone legally here and/or in the process of getting their citizenship should have been able to prove that by now and been released. After all, no one else at the plant had any difficulty in proving who they were and that they have a legal right to be here.

But then again, our detention centers are just packed to the rafters with innocent illegal aliens

However, knowing full well that IAs have no qualms whatsoever about brazenly committing one criminal act of fraud after another, it wouldn't surprise me if they are simply waiting for their documents to come back from the printer's Stay on your toes ICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do they need any help in moving this along? I'll be glad to volunteer my administrative skills. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I know where I can find several thousand other volunteers willing to help out as well......who knows, maybe even millions.
    Where do I sign up?