Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MSM glee: Immigrant bashing goes its sorry way

The MSM has unleased its hyenas. They rub their slimey paws with glee and can now bash the immigration enforcement movement since only amnesty candidates remain. Be prepared for a lot of crap from the MSM, even amnesty politicians and, of course, every OBL group using the current situation to their utmost benefit:

Immigrant bashing goes its sorry way
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 02/10/08
    Cynthia Tucker cynthia@ajc.com

So much for Tancredoism.

Tom Tancredo is the Colorado congressman who ran for the Republican presidential nomination on a simple platform of nativism and undisguised contempt for illegal immigrants. Since his ill-tempered and simplistic views reflected the sentiments of the hard-core Republican base, several other members of the GOP field adopted similarly mean-spirited rhetoric.

As Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney — Republican hopefuls with moderate records on illegal immigration — tacked toward Know-Nothingism, Arizona Sen. John McCain stood largely apart, resisting the impulse to blame illegal immigrants for everything from terrorism to high taxes. As his signature legislation to legalize undocumented workers was routinely excoriated as "amnesty" by conservative talk show hosts and right-wing bloggers, McCain barely budged.

In November, during a Republican debate in St. Petersburg, Fla., his GOP rivals worked to prove their anti-immigration bona fides, citing their support for such dubious measures as high fences and hot pursuit of Mexican landscapers. A clearly unenthusiastic McCain pledged to tighten the borders but declined to ratchet up his rhetoric.

"We must recognize these are God's children as well," he said. "They need our love and compassion, and I want to ensure that I will enforce the borders first. But we won't demagogue it."

Now, McCain is the likely Republican nominee. Among the losers in last Tuesday's mega-primary was the Tancredo Credo, which placed illegal immigrants at the center of every peril and every problem facing the American voter. With both remaining Democrats — Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama — having voted for comprehensive immigration reform, there is little chance the Oval Office will be occupied by an anti-immigration mossback.

Even Republican voters have moved immigration down to their second most important issue, after the economy, according to Super Tuesday exit polls. The war in Iraq ranked third among GOP voters. Democrats, meanwhile, don't list immigration among their top three concerns. Instead, they emphasize the economy, the war in Iraq and health care.

Illegal immigration remains a complex and nettlesome issue, requiring a thoughtful and measured response. That, by the way, was represented by the McCain-Kennedy comprehensive reform bill, which failed when Republicans, despite support from President Bush, refused to vote for it.

While illegal immigrants burden the social infrastructure — schools, hospitals and housing — they also revitalize many neighborhoods as they open new businesses and buy additional goods and services.

Many immigrant children will start elementary school with poor English skills. That forces teachers to work harder and places an undue burden on schools that are already overcrowded. But those Mexican and Guatemalan schoolchildren will learn to speak English quickly, because language skills are more easily acquired in youth. (The relative youth of illegal immigrants also helps the United States solve a demographic problem: As the U.S. birthrate falls, we are aging as a nation. We need a steady supply of younger workers.)

At the very bottom of the wage scale, illegal immigrants probably take a few jobs away from uneducated and marginalized American laborers. But the effect is minimal, according to researchers. The most comprehensive analysis has found that illegal immigration depresses wages no more than 50 to 60 cents an hour — hardly a figure that makes or breaks a budget.

Those subtleties were drowned out by the Know-Nothing demagoguery that dominated the Republican presidential campaign. But with the GOP race largely settled — and with Obama and Clinton conscientiously courting Latino voters — the rhetoric will likely moderate.

That's because voters didn't fall for the scapegoating premise of Tancredoism. It was a bad product, and few voters bought it.
    http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opin ... _0210.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

xyz
    OK
    Tancredo is the messenger
    Bashing the messenger is stupid..and doesn't make a case for anything concerning the message..
    Does she attack the Chairman of the Federal Reserve for talking about Recession?..Is that fearmongering and Wall Street bashing?
    This woman is stupid..Ignore her because..it is not Immigrant Bashing that is the "In Your Face" Problem..It is illegal immigration..and it is real..It can't be ignored..and it isn't going to be solved by Emperor McCain or Queen Hitlery waving the magic amnesty wand and making illegal...instantly legal..
    It is sheer numbers...how many more people can pour over the borders before the Rest of the Country Collapses?
    Those "elementary children" cost money..and Miss Ignorant will pay the price that California is paying soon enough..then we shall hear a different tune..

This story is being thrown out there EVERYWHERE!!!!

Spinmasters are it work!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bash at will, but please take a vacation in an infested illegal area? Oh! Is that below the writer? I reckon so, since it means actually living life.

Our media means nothing. Don't pay attention.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

xyz
    We have fought this battle before..
    Post replies..send emails to the editors..cancel your subscription
    Remind them that McCain has 35% of the vote..
    I just talked to some democrat friends who are not going to vote..They feel as bad about Clinton/Obama as the Republicans do about McCain...and they won't vote for McCain..
    That is 3 democrats this week who have said this to me..and I rarely talk politics to more than 5 or 6 people in that amount of time
    Every democrat and republican I know is not going to vote..
    I am going to vote for all offices below President..
    I will write in Tancredo..
    Tancredo might win this yet!

While illegal immigrants burden the social infrastructure — schools, hospitals and housing — they also revitalize many neighborhoods as they open new businesses and buy additional goods and services.
    Oh MY..."revitalize neighborhoods"??? Not quite. In fact, they do just the opposite. They DESTROY neighborhoods by turning them into 3rd world slums.

Sometimes I don't know where these illegal alien huggers get their information? Clearly they must live in gated neighborhoods, far from the devastation that illegal immigrants cause.

And just what "new businesses" do the illegals open that do the U.S. such great good? I mean, how many taco shops do we need???
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

The most comprehensive analysis has found that illegal immigration depresses wages no more than 50 to 60 cents an hour — hardly a figure that makes or breaks a budget.
    That is about 100 bucks a month and plenty for a payment on a decent used car. I sure it isn't much to you you snobbish moron.

Immigrant bashing goes its sorry way
    "Immigrant bashing"??????????? Talk about harsh rheortic!

Definitions of Bashing on the Web:

When you deliberately attack a person using offensive and/or inappropriate language.
    www.investorsparadise.com/investment-terms/

Bashing is a 2005 film by Kobayashi Masahiro.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashing (film)

Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, predjudicial attack on a person, group or subject. Literally, bashing is a term meaning to hit or, colloquially, to assault but when it is used as a suffix, or in conjunction with a noun indicating the subject being attacked, it is normally used to imply a sense ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashing (pejorative)
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz= ... n&ct=title

It is about illegal immigration AKA criminal entry into a country not one's own.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bring it on. I can hardly wait. Bash us, it only makes Americans mad.

Dixie

As an Atlanta area resident--I have always...

As an Atlanta area resident--I have always...felt that Cynthia Tucker is one of the biggest racists I have ever read. If this column was not in ALIPAC, I would have not read it in the AJC becuse her being of the author.
    Atlanta has a very large percentage of black citizens. These are our fellow Americans who experience the impact of wage depression and job loss more than anyother sector in our country. Ms. Tucker, to my shock, won a Pulitzer, or so I have been told. She sits at the salary level of a newspaper editor and writes columns supporting those who steal the jobs of those who are at a lower financial stratum than she.

"The people have no bread."

Cynthia says, "Let them eat cake".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast