Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MSM pushing hard to magnify Latino vote

For Clinton, Latino vote could swing the deal
    But Obama is pushing hard: ‘As Latinos get to know me, we do better’
    MSNBC and NBC News
    updated 8:06 a.m. ET, Fri., Feb. 8, 2008

For decades, much has been said about the potential power of Latino voters, but rarely has their impact lived up to expectations.

This year is different, according to political analysts and leaders of Latino activist organizations. While many Latinos like and admire both of the leading Democratic candidates for president, these authorities say, their years-long connection to former President Bill Clinton could deliver the party’s nomination to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York.

The problem is not with Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois, said respected Latino political analysts, who rejected as a too-easy stereotype the suggestion that Latino voters would not vote for Obama because he is a black man.

“That is an argument without foundation,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The title should read:
    For Clinton, illegal alien vote could swing the deal

This year is different, according to political analysts and leaders of Latino activist organizations.
    I hear this every year. Geesh, the MSM is so lazy and predictable.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IMHO... MSNBC is the worst. With the exception of an occasional guest appearance by Pat Buchanan, and some coverage by Tucker Carlson, I've never heard anything but pro-OBL big business and rampant pandering on it. I never watch it anymore (as a matter of fact, our local cable provider swapped channels recently and took MSNBC off and juggled channel designations and was replaced with either History Channel or Weather Channel) - I'm the better off because of it.

I think their abysmally low proportion of the cable market share validates the above (now about 10%-12% last time I checked).

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    IMHO... MSNBC is the worst.
    I think their abysmally low proportion of the cable market share validates the above (now about 10%-12% last time I checked).
    That's good news, it basically means they are preaching to the choir, probably US Chamber members!