Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My response from Senator Nelson

I wrote Senator Bill Nelson of Florida concerning the Immigration Bill and received the following letter from him.

Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration reform. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Like you, I believe our immigration system is broken and needs to be fixed. Recent efforts to pass an immigration bill stalled in the Senate. I'm disappointed we still don't have a tough, fair and practical solution to this problem. There is a possibility that the Senate will resume its consideration of the issue in the weeks to come. I will continue to be in favor of securing our borders and opposed to amnesty.

Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind as the Senate continues to debate immigration reform.
    I wrote Martinez and never received an reply. I guess I will answer him at the poles when I vote for anyone running against him

But does Nelson oppose a path to citizenship? I am finding that they are playing word games. Everyone says that they are opposed to amnesty but support illegals paying a fine for a path to citizenship.

Everyone needs to remind our Democratic Senators that they are betraying their own base! The American middle and working class by allowing millions of illegals to come and flood our job market, lowering workers wages. Follow the money on this, The main drivers of this entire push have been big corporate interests (US Chamber of Commerce, etc...) seeking to drive American labor costs down. In my opinion its the crack in the open borders side armor we need to exploit and help grow. Several Democratic Senators are already firmly against this bill we may be able to get quite a few more against with some focused efforts.
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!