Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Myrick To Re-Introduce Immigration DWI Bill

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/sto ... fab49.html

Myrick to re-introduce immigration DWI bill 7:50 AM

07:50 AM EST on Tuesday, March 6, 2007

By JANELLE MARTINEZ / WCNC
    E-mail Janelle: JMartinez@WCNC.com

Video On Demand
    Watch this story

NEW video at this hour

Also online
    Myrick to revive immigration DWI bill

Myrick: You're drunk, you're driving, you're illegal, you're deported, period
    U.S. Representative Sue Myrick will re-introduce the Scott Gardner Act in Congress on Tuesday. Gardner was a Gaston County teacher and father who was killed two years ago by a drunk driver. The driver was an illegal immigrant with five prior drunk driving arrests.

Monday, Gardner’s mother, Emily Moose, and several other victims of similar crimes gathered in Uptown Charlotte to show their support for the bill.

“In the United States 13 people are killed every day by illegal immigrants driving drunk and it is time for it to stop,” Moose said.

The bill calls for automatic deportation of illegal immigrants convicted of DWI and for their name to be entered into a database. The bill made it through the House of Representatives last year, but never made it to the Senate.

Leeanna Newman was killed last month by a man police said was driving drunk and in the country illegally. Rigo Martinez also had a prior DWI conviction.

Newmman’s cousin, Jennifer Raper, said she is praying for the Scott Gardner Act to pass.

“I can not help but wonder if this piece of legislation had gone through a year ago, my little cousin and her unborn child might still be her today,” said Raper.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's about time, and long overdue. It's obvious that our cultures are on a constant collision path. Its time to seal our borders and enforce our laws so that mass deportation will not be necessary.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I fail to understand why we need a bill to get an illegal alien deported for DUI's don't we already have a law to take care of that? All we need to do is somehow try to get our federalies to enforce our laws already on the books! I do hope it passes though since our society thinks we need more immigration laws then we already have!
    Build the dam fence post haste!