Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

The myth of 'Reconquista'

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/ ... quista.htm

The myth of 'Reconquista'
    By Jack Ward
    web posted June 5, 2006

Reconquista or the "re-conquest" of the US by Mexico is a concept that is being perpetrated by disingenuous academics and opportunistic political activists. The Reconquista movement seemed to find new energy during the 'Day Without Illegal Immigrants' protest marches. In both of these protest marches posters and banners declared: "We believe that we have the right to be in this land", "This is OUR Land", "This country was ours", "We didn't cross the borders - The borders crossed us", and "America is a continent, NOT a country". These banners were seen coast to coast not just in the Border States.

The thrust of all of these banners is that the entire North American continent belongs to Mexico. The Mexica Movement or Anahuac Nation is the more expansive while Aztlan only focuses on the Southwest US. The most visible of these groups that romanticize Mexican claims to the "lost Territories" of the US are MEChA, The Brown Berets, and La Raza. They all demand a "reconquista" (or reconquering) of the United States by and for Mexicans.

To understand these frivolous claims we need to retrace history. The US was formed by a series of treaties and purchases. The first was from England. Since then there have been about a dozen such transactions involving England, France, Spain, Russia and of course Mexico.

So why do these misguided advocates of the Reconquista believe that the US belongs to Mexico? It was the Spanish that explored the Southwest and established the missions – not Mexican explorers or missionaries. After several centuries of Spanish control, Mexico gained independence from Spain in 1821. Then in 1848 Mexico ceded the Southwest US through the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo when the US paid cash and assumed Mexican debt. At the time Americans outnumbered Mexicans about 5 to 1 in the area. Even without the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo sooner or later the settlers in the disputed territory would have followed Texas's lead and fought for their independence from Mexico just like Mexico fought for their independence from Spain 27 years earlier.

If we accept the Reconquista nonsense, should the US also surrender land acquired from France through the Louisiana Purchase and the Alaskan land purchased from Russia? Of course not! But the believers in Aztlan want to rewrite history, void the treaty and surrender the Southwest US to Mexico.

Aztlan was the legendary homeland of the Aztecas. But there is no evidence that indigenous Mexicans tribes populated the US East Coast, the Midwest, or the Southwest. So in reality Mexico has no claim to any land in the US. All this may come as a shock to groups like MEChA.

But to humor the believers of Reconquista let's assume that their claims are valid and that

Anahuc and Aztlan belong to Mexico. What would it look like? I suggest that instead of an economic power house and beacon of freedom that the US has become, Anahuc and Aztlan would look like the border cities of Tijuana, Juarez, and Nuevo Laredo. When you take a close look at these border cities and their across the border sister cities of San Diego California, El Paso Texas, and Laredo Texas you can instantly see the results when one form of government is based on personal freedom and another is froth with corruption. I suggest that the believers of Reconquista would not see any improvement in their lives if Mexico ruled the Southwest US. The same elites that rule Mexico today would also rule Anahuc and Aztlan and there is little reason to believe that they would allow the average Mexican to better themselves. If there was such thinking in the Mexican hierarchy, Mexico would already be as prosperous as the US.

Mexico is rich in natural resources and is blessed with hard working people. In the past, Mexico has been burdened with governmental corruption which has crippled business, investment, and productivity opportunities. While current policies are an improvement, they are clearly not doing enough to help Mexican citizens. The believers of the Reconquista should realize that the Mexican people have been trapped by an oppressive corrupt government and they should focus their energy on improving Mexico. Increasing the land mass of an oppressive corrupt government will not provide more opportunities for the Mexican people.

Finally, if Anahuc and Aztlan where annexed to Mexico where would all the Mexican people go to seek freedom and opportunity?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

After the U.S., they would head for Canada! Heheh!

Seriously, why haven't they been heading SOUTH, trying their non-sense in places like Venezuela, Colombia, or Bolivia? Plenty of their rhetorical Latino brothers in arms there to join up with!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

According to Aztec mythology Aztlan is an island, not a continent. Most historians believe Aztlan was located in the orient and there is a lot of evidence to support this. I wonder how much of this 'reconquesta' the Chinese government would tolerate?

I am not convinced that Mexico's political system is no longer corrupt, it seems to me that it is becoming well organized corruption. There are not a lot of opportunities for Mexican citizens, so it seems rather unusual for a Mexican citizen to:

1) Start working for Coca-Cola as a delivery driver in 1964.

2) Be promoted to president of Coca-Cola.

3) Run for governor in 1980 (and lose)

4) Run for governor of Guanajuato in 1995 and win.

5) Mexico's constitution required presidential candidates to be born in Mexico to parents who were also born in Mexico, the constitution was modified making Fox eligible just before he ran for president.

6) According to the press: "His personal charisma and promises of change and economic development led to his easy election as president in what has been called the "fairest" election in Mexico's history."

7) During his presidency there has been widespread civil unrest and riots as well as a record number of citizens leaving the country. Most of the Mexican's who I have talked to feel that the citizens have no voice in who is elected.

Foxes wife has no political experience, but she is now considering running for president.
    - sounds familiar.
    Democrat or Republican, they are all politicians.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    You know I really want to say something inappropriate right now.........but I won't.

These dorks that think they have a right to America are a bunch of unhappy folks who need to go on vacation, they are a bit too crusty and crabby, getting a little too pushy.

Really, the only reason these people have delusions of grandeur is because up until they found the right niche where they could stir up trouble, they were most likely social failures who could not get a date. They took that unhappiness and focused on Americans, mainly white Americans and began blaming them because the people of Mexico could not get it right down there.

Now this is sarcasm mixed with my real opinions, but the part about them blaming Americans (they do focus on white Americans all too often in their hate spewing speeches) for Mexicos failures is so.

To quote my 12 year old son "they don't like Americans because they are jealous of the success we have had here". I think so son, this seems to be the most simple answer to this driving question about why they dislike us so much.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To quote my 12 year old son "they don't like Americans because they are jealous of the success we have had here".
    hmm, sounds like the Bush explaning the motives of 'terrorists'.

It is kind of ironic that "La Reconquista" is actually a European term from medieval Spain:
    "The Reconquista was a process not only of war and conquest, but mainly of repopulation"

There are so many similarities with the original reconquesta, it is almost as if it is being used as a model.

"Zionism" is the desire of Jews to return to their ancestral homeland.

There have been several archeologists who have suggested various theories about the location of Aztlan, none of them (at least none that I have found) have ever supported the idea of "Aztlan" being located within the US. This is something that has been created recently, apparently as a means of encouraging immigration. (-so far)

I thought we had laws against promoting this type of hatred, or are they exempt from those as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista

I personally think they are a bunch of power hungry little anarchists looking for a place to set up shop. They would like to control their "own" country and they don't care where it comes from. They are a threat to National Security, they preach take over of this country and incite demonstrations. I could read the signs they carried in May, a lot of other folks could also. What more does the government need? This reconquista movement is far more widespread than a couple of "fringe" groups. the Senate will make them citizens so they can really start bending our laws to please themselves, just my opinion.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Personally I think they need to be sent to Siberia.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What more does the government need?
    That is exactly the problem, there is no logical explanation for the government as well as the news medias failure to address this issue.

In the last 3 days the only news that I have heard is that it is the 25 anniversary of AIDS.

I have determined the following:

Our government invited them.

Our government made promises to them and possibly even misled Mexican citizens to encourage them. (Aztlan, etc.)

Our government allowed them to enter by disabling the INS and the border patrol.

Our government claimed it was not possible to deport them before the possibility was ever considered.

Our government has prevented agencies as well as citizens from enforcing immigration laws.

Our government has been illegally employing illegal aliens.

Our government has no intention of securing our border. ("a fence wont help")

Our government has tried to justify their actions. ("Americans do not want their jobs")

Our government is not concerned about our safety, security, or other concerns.

Our government has their own self serving agenda which they are determined to achieve.

Our government and the media have intentionally misled the American public with other statements such as "our population is declining", "S.S. age must be increased to 72 because we are living to long", "we need to replace retired Americans"
    - All lies.

If you do not believe that our own government would do this to its own people think again, the CIA has been doing this kind of stuff for years.

You know what they say about absolute power.

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    the Senate will make them citizens so they can really start bending our laws to please themselves, just my opinion.
    They can then legally vote and can hold public office and gain further control of our state and federal legislatures to make even more laws favorable to them!

Clever plan: Invade and seize control without even firing a shot.

An invasion disguised as immigration. I wonder if that has ever been done before in world history?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

An invasion disguised as immigration. I wonder if that has ever been done before in world history?
    Numerous times, see the link above. At some point there is usually a little "ethnic cleansing" involved. - And yes that is included in their plans.

- keep in mind that they have never won a war.