Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

N.C.: Commissioner Opposes Tax Dollars To Subsidize Illegal

Commissioner Opposes Tax Dollars To Subsidize Illegal Immigrants At Community Colleges

Posted: 5:02 PM Dec 10, 2007
    Last Updated: 9:00 PM Dec 10, 2007
    Reporter: Dave Jordan

Another twist in the ongoing debate over allowing illegal immigrants to attend community colleges across the state.

One commissioner in eastern Carolina wants to make sure state tax dollars aren't used for that education.

Beaufort County commissioner Stan Deatherage says illegals don't have the right to use services of U.S. citizens . At Wednesday's meeting he plans to introduce a resolution opposing any subsidy using state tax dollars to educate illegal immigrants at community colleges. Community college officials couldn't say how much money that is. Deatherage estimates it's around ten million dollars a year statewide...

Santiago Guerrero owns a Mexican convenience store in Beaufort County. He believes illegal immigrants should have the same education opportunities as legal citizens. Guerrero says, "They got a good chance to do something and show that they can do things good."

Jose Mendoza is an instructor at Beaufort Community College. He believes that illegal immigrants can help society saying, "There are many brains, very good brains that can help the economy in North Carolina.

Deatherage's bottom line..." People should not be in our country illegally and we've got to start here at the local level to enforce this."

http://www.witntv.com/home/headlines/12324541.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

another one

Another story that starts out great, then they ask the ILLEGAL ALIENS what they think.

This is total crap journalism, they are trying to make all the readers happy by covering "all" sides of the issue.

They never ask US citizens what they think, how about all the polls that say 70-80% of Americans want these money sucking scum bags out of the country?

Why don't they ask the families of people who have had members die from being hit by a drunk driver or their kid molested?

Why doesn't journalism give US a voice? They are bastards.

N.C.; Commissioner Opposes Tax Dollars To Subsidize Illegal

This is my kind of guy. Illegals shouldn't be allowed to attend colleges in North Carolina and certainly not at the expense of North Carolina taxpayers. What else is the great state of North Carolina going to give away to people who shouldn't be here in the first place. We need more people with a level head like this guy and they are certainly needed in my neck of the woods. The one thing I can't understand is this, Why is North Carolina bringing all of these illegals here anyway? This is really hurting us the legal citizens. They are the ones with the jobs "the illegals" and yet we the taxpayers are providing for them in the form of public assistance. There is something very wrong with this picture.

Those two Latinos they quote are not illegal but they stand to profit from the presence of illegals one owns a store that caters to Latino clientele regardless of the legality of thir residency and the other teaches them.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Latinos with brains and a work ethic are needed even more where they came from than here. If the students were righteous they would go back as soon they had gotten skills and money. It is the lack of commitment towards sustainable economic development on the part of immigrants from those countries that keeps the countries poor.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Commissioners resolve to oppose educating illegals

Vote to send message of opposition to state

By DAN PARSONS, Staff Writer
    Dec 15, 2007

Beaufort County commissioners voted Wednesday night to send a message to the state saying they oppose the education of illegal immigrants in the N.C. Community College System.

“I submit to you that a nation that will not protect its borders does not deserve to exist,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Does anyone have a list of what states allow in-state tuiton for illegal aliens?

I have a teenager who will be going to college in a few years and will not send her to ANY state that gives illegal aliens in-state tuiton, while I to subsidize them by having to pay out-of-state tuiton!

If more people did this and state colleges see their out-of-state money drying up, I think they'd get the message.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Richardson said the admission of illegal immigrants to state public schools and community colleges was a ploy to gain more subsidies by having more students enrolled.
    Mr. Richardson is right. It's all about the numbers. The more students enrolled, the more money CCs receive from the state. That's why the big push a couple of years ago to give them in-state status.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Added to Home Page with comments
    http://www.alipac.us/article2798.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Latinos with brains and a work ethic are needed even more where they came from than here. If the students were righteous they would go back as soon they had gotten skills and money. It is the lack of commitment towards sustainable economic development on the part of immigrants from those countries that keeps the countries poor.
    The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.