Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

N.C. Hundreds rally against deportation

Charlotte News

Hundreds rally against deportation

by DIANA RUGG / NBC Charlotte
    Bio | Email | Follow: @DianaRuggwcncPosted on May 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    Updated today at 11:24 PM

Related:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Concord is the only home Concepcion Torres has ever known. Her parents brought her family to the Charlotte area from Mexico when she was 2 years old, and she wouldn’t know the first thing about living as a Mexican if she went back.

“I've been here all my life, so I still want to continue living here,” she said.

Her two children, ages 3 and 9 months, are U.S. citizens. Her two brothers and a sister are citizens. Her parents will be soon.

In her mind, she is an American. But like millions of other immigrants, her paperwork doesn’t say so.

She is living, working, and driving because of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program – and Saturday, more than 300 immigrants and their supporters marched up Central Avenue into uptown to call for its expansion.

“We’re asking the president to expand deferred action for everybody,” said Elver Barrios of the Latin American Coalition.

While DACA has helped Torres, it could help her husband even more. Alejandro Lopez, 24, is in danger of being deported. Expansion would allow him to get a driver’s license and work permit. Right now, he is fighting to stay in the country so his young family can stay together.

“Not knowing – that he's not going come home someday frightens me, a lot,” she said.

She said she understood the risks of marrying another undocumented immigrant and starting a family. If she hadn’t married the father of her children, her family could sponsor her for citizenship, which would help.

Her only other choice is to move with her husband and children back to Mexico – a country that’s not home.

Her family is just one of many with a story like this one. There are few choices.

“There is no process like that, there is no such thing as a line,” said Barrios, who helped organize the rally. “People say go back to the line, wait your turn, but there's no line to go to.”

Barrios said immigrants want more comprehensive immigration reform that helps them. The U.S. Senate has passed a reform bill, but the U.S. House hasn’t. Congress has until August to come to an agreement, said Barrios, but that President Obama can issue an executive order that helps them sooner.

Barrios hopes rallies like the one Saturday urge the President to help.
    “He knows what to do, he just hasn't done it yet,” he said.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Hundreds-ra...257825481.html

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Charlotte News

Hundreds rally against deportation

by DIANA RUGG / NBC Charlotte
    Bio | Email | Follow: @DianaRuggwcncPosted on May 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    Updated today at 11:24 PM

Related:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Concord is the only home Concepcion Torres has ever known. Her parents brought her family to the Charlotte area from Mexico when she was 2 years old, and she wouldn’t know the first thing about living as a Mexican if she went back.

“I've been here all my life, so I still want to continue living here,” she said.

Her two children, ages 3 and 9 months, are U.S. citizens. Her two brothers and a sister are citizens. Her parents will be soon.

In her mind, she is an American. But like millions of other immigrants, her paperwork doesn’t say so.

She is living, working, and driving because of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program – and Saturday, more than 300 immigrants and their supporters marched up Central Avenue into uptown to call for its expansion.

“We’re asking the president to expand deferred action for everybody,” said Elver Barrios of the Latin American Coalition.

While DACA has helped Torres, it could help her husband even more. Alejandro Lopez, 24, is in danger of being deported. Expansion would allow him to get a driver’s license and work permit. Right now, he is fighting to stay in the country so his young family can stay together.

“Not knowing – that he's not going come home someday frightens me, a lot,” she said.

She said she understood the risks of marrying another undocumented immigrant and starting a family. If she hadn’t married the father of her children, her family could sponsor her for citizenship, which would help.

Her only other choice is to move with her husband and children back to Mexico – a country that’s not home.

Her family is just one of many with a story like this one. There are few choices.

“There is no process like that, there is no such thing as a line,” said Barrios, who helped organize the rally. “People say go back to the line, wait your turn, but there's no line to go to.”

Barrios said immigrants want more comprehensive immigration reform that helps them. The U.S. Senate has passed a reform bill, but the U.S. House hasn’t. Congress has until August to come to an agreement, said Barrios, but that President Obama can issue an executive order that helps them sooner.

Barrios hopes rallies like the one Saturday urge the President to help.
    “He knows what to do, he just hasn't done it yet,” he said.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Hundreds-ra...257825481.html

well first of all you are not usa citizen I don't care how long you are in our country you did not have any test or paper
    to read . it just not over night that you are a usa citizen it a long time & hard work so go back home our country is out of money .
    we need help but we don't get any help . so go back home
    no amnesty at all