Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

N.C.: Local government to take on immigration matters

Local government to take on immigration matters
    Cherish Wilson
    July 2, 2007 - 11:17PM

SHELBY — As federal immigration legislation continues to stall, more local governments are taking it upon themselves to stem the influx of illegal immigrants.

“I don’t think it’s a bad idea to discuss these measures,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]“(Illegal immigration) has become a taxpayer burden,â€
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

[quote]Those counties advised their agencies and departments to cut spending on services provided to illegal immigrants, prohibiting departments from forming contracts with companies that hire illegal residents and directing the sheriff’s offices to verify the immigration status of people they arrest.

Accor said that, as commissioners, stewardship of taxpayer money was paramount. “We’re responsible for taxpayer money and we’re open to any discussion that addresses that,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)