Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

N.J.: Indian Man Who Accused Officer of Brutality Deported

Indian Man Who Accused Officer of Brutality Deported

Apr 14, 2007
    TRENTON, New Jersey (1010 WINS) -- An Edison man who filed a brutality complaint against a township police officer last year has been deported to his native India.

Rajnikant Parikh was sent home Thursday night, Immigrant and Customs Enforcement officials said. The deportation came nine months after Parikh accused officer Michael Dotro of using excessive force while he was being arrested last year.

The arrest came while Parikh was watching an illegal fireworks show on July 4, authorities said. He was accused of hitting Dotro and telling others in the crowd to do the same.

A month later, Parikh was arrested by ICE officials _ while he was holding a rally to protest police brutality _ after immigration officials found an outstanding order of deportation against him.

He continued to fight his charges after the arrests, but Edison authorities conducted internal reviews of both incidents and found that neither Dotro nor the department had committed any wrongdoing.

After being ordered to leave the country, Parikh left the country Thursday.

ICE officials said Parikh was taken into custody by the U.S. Border Patrol in 1995 in Texas, while he was using the name Amit Sheth. He was ordered deported the following year for his illegal entry into the country, but in 1999 he obtained a visa under his current name.

``This individual used two different identities over a 12-year-period in order to circumvent immigration law,'' ICE officials said in a statement released Friday. ``This case graphically points out the necessity of maintaining the integrity of the nation's immigration laws.''

Parikh's lawyer, Ravinder Bhalla, and other supporters said his deportation does not mean the battle is over, claiming the decision to make him leave was unfair.

Bhalla said Parikh may still file civil lawsuits against Edison, Dotro, and his brother Sam, an attorney who works for ICE.

http://1010wins.com/pages/355195.php?co ... tId=412532
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ICE officials said Parikh was taken into custody by the U.S. Border Patrol in 1995 in Texas, while he was using the name Amit Sheth. He was ordered deported the following year for his illegal entry into the country, but in 1999 he obtained a visa under his current name.
    Would someone please explain to me just how this fellow got a visa
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Obviously, someone at the visa office is'nt doing their jobs. This has got to stop. I'm glad he's deported. I'm tired of hearing people not playing by the rules.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    Would someone please explain to me just how this fellow got a visa
    No kidding, and his lawyer says it was unfair to make this law breaker leave!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)