Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

N.Y. Mother Faces Deportation Over Fake Passport Used 12 Years Ago

7:03 PM

NY1 Exclusive: S.I. Mother Faces Deportation Over Fake Passport Used 12 Years Ago

By: Amanda Farinacci

A Staten Island mother is making a last ditch appeal to stay in the United States after being told she’ll be deported next month because the passport she was carrying when she arrived was fake.

A Staten Island mother is making a last ditch appeal to stay in the United States after being told she’ll be deported next month because the passport she was carrying when she arrived was fake. NY1’s Amanda Farinacci filed the following report.

Ying Lin arrived in the United States 12 years ago after her farmer parents gave her a passport and encouraged her to build a better life here.

She spoke no English and was just 18 when she arrived in Los Angeles.

When immigration officers questioned her about her paperwork, she couldn't explain where her parents got the passport or why it was in someone else's name. The bottom line is that it was phony.

“I not very want to do that, cause it's not my idea, maybe from my parents. I have to say sorry, but I really feel like 12 years, I live here,” says Lin.

She was held in an immigration jail for a month before she was released and immediately applied for asylum, which was denied.

She was added to a list of people to be deported, but the deportation order was never issued.

She married and moved to Staten Island, had two children, and opened a business.

Her application for a green card was denied, triggering immigration to start proceedings to send her back to China on February 14 with no hope of returning to the United States.

“If I go back, that means i cannot come back to see my child. My child will lose the mom. I cannot see my child grow up,” says Lin.

The Lins are currently appealing to Immigration and Customs Enforcement to allow Ying to stay in the United States.

Staten Island Congressman Michael Grimm has also written a letter on her behalf.

“President Obama authorized immigration to exercise their discretion and to allow people to stay in the United States who are not criminals. Ms. Lin is not a criminal. To allow people to stay in the United States if they can show sufficient equities and good things about themselves, and we have put that type of application together,” said attorney Ed Cuccia.

Immigration officials say they are focusing on deporting those convicted of crimes and that they are reviewing Lin's case.

That means instead of being put on a plane back to China, Lin could be spending Valentine's Day with her family at home.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stori...d-12-years-ago
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thumbs up

ship her back home just don't for get Obama also
    No amnesty or dream act