Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nancy Pelosi supports giving food stamps to illegal aliens

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi

Rep. Nancy Pelosi Supports Food Stamps for Immigrants
    April 18, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Speaker, I thank the gentleman from California (Mr. Baca) for yielding me the time and for his leadership on this very, very important issue to this Congress and to this country.

Mr. Speaker, every day our country is blessed by the coming to our great country of many, many immigrants. We are constantly, as a society, reinvigorated by their courage, by their determination, by their family values, by their commitment to community and to a brighter future in America.

Every day from the day they arrive and throughout the contributions they make to our country it is a blessing to us. Indeed, I think just about every person in this House and in this room certainly at this time is a product of those aspirations and dreams.

Then it is sad to see how those immigrants to our country before they become citizens, but while they are legal immigrants, are not valued by our country. Many of them work, and I have good news for our colleague. The gentleman from California's (Mr. Baca) motion to instruct does allow children to be eligible for food stamps regardless of when they enter the country.

So the concern that the gentleman raised that the gentleman from California's (Mr. Baca) motion does not address children and their needs is incorrect, and I know that that will be good news to him; and his amendment and his motion to instruct does address work and does have a worker requirement in it, and it does allow refugees to be eligible for food stamps without a time limit. So the concerns that he raised, saying that his motion did not address it, I am happy to inform my colleague that he does because he is asking us to agree to the Senate language.

This is really unfortunate because it is the third incident in less than 2 months where the Republicans have brought to the floor amendments or motions which are unfriendly to newcomers to our country. We saw this first during the campaign finance reform bill where one Republican Member even referred to legal permanent residents in the United States who were not citizens as potential enemies of the State.

We saw it in the debate on 245(i), which is a very important correction in our immigration bill where we only won that vote by one vote, and some Republicans did vote for it, but many voted against it and voted with the Republicans who wanted to squelch that important initiative to the immigrant community.

What we are talking about today is really about fairness, fairness to our newcomers as our ancestors had anticipated and hoped for fairness when they came here. We talk about family values. Nowhere are those family values stronger than the immigrant community. We talk about living the American dream and aspiring for a better life. Those people bring courage to our country. They are a constant source of invigoration to our society, and I hope that my colleagues will support the amendment of the gentleman from California (Mr. Baca). A family of four with two wage earners making the minimum wage are still eligible for Food Stamps because the minimum wage is so low.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Why don't we just continue to reward the illegal arrogants (not a typo).

Nancy Pelosi supports giving food stamps to illegal aliens

It ok to let Americans go home less and hungry but we must take care of all illegals Because there need the help.

Re: Nancy Pelosi supports giving food stamps to illegal alie

Quote Originally Posted by akhope
    It ok to let Americans go home less and hungry but we must take care of all illegals Because there need the help.
    You have got to be kidding me.

We do not owe the illegals anything. We don't owe them medical services, food, shelter or anything else. They are unwelcome invaders who need to be booted back to their own countries.

And now I will take a bow
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

I've had it with our government.

Both parties, aren't worth a dime. The only way we're going to get rid of them, is to go in there and pull them out by the arms!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

They're all loosing their freakin minds and now my governator is too, help us someone!!!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

To my Senators Bunning and McConnell

I support pay as you go budgeting rules that require any new spending or tax cut to be offset by cuts in spending elsewhere. However, I ask you to insist that this philosophy not be extended to funds for our military or the protection from illegal aliens.

Please stand firm on anything that would give our troops or law enforcement anything less than everything they require.

I do not favor any entitlement spending on illegal alien invaders. These should be the first cut.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One months worth and they have to pick them up in their homeland. Entire family must be present and accounted for to win.

That woman is already showing her stupid side. Once the government starts paying for something, they never stop unless it's for the Seniors or Military.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am reading a entertaining novel by Dean Koontz about how a group of people who were staying in this motel saw something,(haven't got to the thing they saw yet), and were all brainwashed by people in our Army, anyway, I have come to the conclusion, this book was really written by Koontz about a true happening, only it was not people staying in a motel who were brainwashed, it was instead, our Senators and Congressmen and women, and our President ,who were brainwashed, that is the only way I can explain the outlandish behavior of our leaders toward securing our borders and dealing with all these illegal immigrants, and their pandering to the Mexican Gov.how else could we possibly explain their behavior
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast