Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NASCO SUPERHIGHWAY - LOUISIANNA to CANADA!!

From the Lafayette, La. Chamber of Commerce. Some of the information concerning this was in an INSERT in a Lafayetter paper rather than as a news article. We find this extremely unusual. The article below does not speak of the roadway going up to Canada as the "insert" did. wonder why they left that bit of news off of their website?

Chamber News Room

http://www.lafchamber.org/Newsletter/Ne ... sp?p1=1901
    << Return

Chamber Travels to Arkansas for Tri-State Coalition - 10/16/2006 -

Chamber President and CEO Rob Guidry will join other members of the I-49 International Tri-State Coalition for a key meeting in Rogers, Arkansas on Tuesday, October 17.

The meeting will focus on innovative financing for the massive I-49 project which, when completed, will traverse the country from Canada to New Orleans. Representatives from national and international construction firms will present concepts for public-private partnerships.

“With the environment of federal and state funding eroding, there is an increasing need to seek innovative methods of paying for infrastructure,” said Guidry. “I look forward to being exposed to ideas that are being implemented across the world to build super highways.”

One such concept is to have a private company build the highway, have users in the form of tolls pay for the project, then turn the highway over to the state. History has shown that private companies complete such projects expeditiously and thus save hundreds of millions of dollars.

Large banks will also be in attendance at the meeting. Banks, such as Citibank, have experience in backing mega construction programs. Additionally, members of the congressional delegations from the three states, Louisiana, Arkansas and Missouri, will participate in the session.

In the most recent federal highway funding bill, Louisiana received $250 million for I-49. The Shreveport area is spending $200 million to connect with Arkansas, while I-49 South was allocated $50 million.

Joining Guidry on the coalition board of directors are Carl Bauer and Rusty Cloutier. The three have advocated for the project on behalf of the Chamber for more than 15 years. For more information about the I-49 Coalition, please contact Rob Guidry at 233-2705.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    The meeting will focus on innovative financing for the massive I-49 project which, when completed, will traverse the country from Canada to New Orleans. Representatives from national and international construction firms will present concepts for public-private partnerships.
    Is this a done deal? Isn't congressional approval necessary for this to happen. I don't want no mega highway crossing America for the sole purpose of transporting cheap goods, drugs, and illegal immigrants!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In the piece that was an "insert" it stated that they were taking THE TEXAS MODEL.

It's not a done deal but we must realize that they plan to move the NASCO to completion by going state by state rather than a "national" campaign. That way, each state will manipulate their residents into the deal without bringing into the picture the SPP & NAU.

This was quite a shock to an almost life long resident of Lafayette, La and he read me the piece over the phone in shock. Never a word had been mentioned until today! An INSERT. Smart, very smart. No article for posterity.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I lived in Laf, LA. for years in the 80s. There is no love of mexicans there, illegals have been cutting people out of work down there for years.

I was nearly killed on a rig once because of a non-english speaking day laborer who didn't have a clue what we were talking about. And after i was down and half smashed because of that guy, he didn't have the honor to come and apologize while I layed 45 min. waiting on a chopper to the hospital.
    Took me 6 months to re-learn how to walk after healing up.
    Another reason I just love those people.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

hate to bring you bad tidings but Lafayette is the liberal/communist capital of the South! Amazing and frightening.

Welcme to ALIPAC UnemployedAmerican. Sorry to hear about your injuries.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

In the piece that was an "insert" it stated that they were taking THE TEXAS MODEL.
    They probably have plans for the two highways to intersect on the road North to Canada. The one coming from New Orleans will be used to transport goods from port and the Texas highway used for overland trucks directly from Mexico and its ports. Is this a possibility?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

They probably have plans for the two highways to intersect on the road North to Canada. The one coming from New Orleans will be used to transport goods from port and the Texas highway used for overland trucks directly from Mexico and its ports. Is this a possibility?
    I believe they're to be CONNECTED, MW. Each state builds and ends where the next state builds. Very simple, very shrewd. Then offshoots branch to each coast.
    Then shoot right on up to Kansas City. Those states are the ones working with the Louisiana commission.