Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    iagree. but even if we go through the extraordinary effort and jorge is impeached. then what? is there an election immediately? or does chaney just step in until 2008?
    where does either of these choices put us in terms of the issues like homeland security and border protection?
    I am pretty sure that Cheney would step in until the next election. If something happened to Cheney, then Pelosi would take over. We have so much propganda in our country, I am surprised that people fall for it. Let's look at the facts: Bush was elected twice, and he didn't get in on his own, we elected him. He has done many good things for our country, including keeping our economy strong and unemployment low. This man has faced numerous obstacles during his Presidency, that we ourselves probably could not handle. The war in the middle east was a long time coming. It doesn't matter if there were no WMDs, the fact remains that we still have an entire culture of people who want to see us dead. It makes no difference if we started a war or not, they were still trying to kill us, and they will continue with that effort. Americans love a fall guy. We feel the need to place blame when things go wrong. Too bad, this is life, things go wrong. Stick together, make a new plan and get the job done. I have noticed that there has been a huge surge in women getting involved in politics lately. Some of them are brilliant, and some of them get their news off of the Oprah Winfrey Show and the View. This is dangerous because these are biased programs. Everybody loves a good cause, right? What better way then to jump on a bandwagon and start screaming and yelling and protesting and showing that nasty President of ours what a mess he has made of the world!! Everybody else is doing it, so it must be right, right? Wrong! First off, let's not bite the hand that feeds us, secondly, say what you want about the government or whatever, we still live in the best country on earth. Dividing our nation and protesting our President gives our enemies power by defeating the confidence of our allies. The terrorists, with the help of our biased media and unpatriotic citizens are taking down our nation. We can't win this on our own, we need help. The best way to do that is to zip our lips and be Pro-USA about everything....everything. Everyone likes a winning team right? We need to get those allies back. Impeachment will distract the President from the very things that he needs to be focusing on right now. In addition, I don't want my money spent on impeachment, I want the freaking fence built. We deserve answers. I want to know why our borders are left open. I guess my point is that impeachment will not get us any farther along than we already are. Things are a little disheveled right now. Do you really think that the President wants that? I don't. We have all made mistakes in our lives, we have all humiliated ourselves. This man is no different, except that he is under a magnifying glass 24 hours a day. How would you like same a-hole withh a megaphone announcing all of your mistakes all day long for four years. It just isn't a position, there is a man behind the suit. I would guess that he has had to make some very difficult choices, many of which we will not see. Things will get better, we just need to stick together...all of us.

well said! we need to contiue our positive work encouraging patriotist & unitiy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot
    it is a very sad day when American troops run from illegals... but we need to remember our government is thowing 2 border patrol agants in jail tomorrow for standing up to illegals....
    This is all Bush's fault. He refuses to acknowledge the serious danger this country is in due to the invasion over the Mexican border. He has asked the guard to be mindless decorations at the border by refusing to allow them to do their job. They are only there to make the American people think he is actully doing something about the invasion. He is doing nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    iagree. but even if we go through the extraordinary effort and jorge is impeached. then what? is there an election immediately? or does chaney just step in until 2008?
    where does either of these choices put us in terms of the issues like homeland security and border protection?
    I am pretty sure that Cheney would step in until the next election. If something happened to Cheney, then Pelosi would take over. We have so much propganda in our country, I am surprised that people fall for it. Let's look at the facts: Bush was elected twice, and he didn't get in on his own, we elected him. He has done many good things for our country, including keeping our economy strong and unemployment low. This man has faced numerous obstacles during his Presidency, that we ourselves probably could not handle. The war in the middle east was a long time coming. It doesn't matter if there were no WMDs, the fact remains that we still have an entire culture of people who want to see us dead. It makes no difference if we started a war or not, they were still trying to kill us, and they will continue with that effort. Americans love a fall guy. We feel the need to place blame when things go wrong. Too bad, this is life, things go wrong. Stick together, make a new plan and get the job done. I have noticed that there has been a huge surge in women getting involved in politics lately. Some of them are brilliant, and some of them get their news off of the Oprah Winfrey Show and the View. This is dangerous because these are biased programs. Everybody loves a good cause, right? What better way then to jump on a bandwagon and start screaming and yelling and protesting and showing that nasty President of ours what a mess he has made of the world!! Everybody else is doing it, so it must be right, right? Wrong! First off, let's not bite the hand that feeds us, secondly, say what you want about the government or whatever, we still live in the best country on earth. Dividing our nation and protesting our President gives our enemies power by defeating the confidence of our allies. The terrorists, with the help of our biased media and unpatriotic citizens are taking down our nation. We can't win this on our own, we need help. The best way to do that is to zip our lips and be Pro-USA about everything....everything. Everyone likes a winning team right? We need to get those allies back. Impeachment will distract the President from the very things that he needs to be focusing on right now. In addition, I don't want my money spent on impeachment, I want the freaking fence built. We deserve answers. I want to know why our borders are left open. I guess my point is that impeachment will not get us any farther along than we already are. Things are a little disheveled right now. Do you really think that the President wants that? I don't. We have all made mistakes in our lives, we have all humiliated ourselves. This man is no different, except that he is under a magnifying glass 24 hours a day. How would you like same a-hole withh a megaphone announcing all of your mistakes all day long for four years. It just isn't a position, there is a man behind the suit. I would guess that he has had to make some very difficult choices, many of which we will not see. Things will get better, we just need to stick together...all of us.
    Well said Neese. I agree with everything except for the part about some woman getting their news from Oprah... Just kidding. You are right about that too, unfortunately. But the same can be said for most college kids. They are being indoctinated and brainwashed by the propaganda. You see them out there protesting anti-illegal immigrant groups, but I wonder have they any idea the impact illegals are having on this country, or have they simply been told by some commie professor that we have been inhumane to illegals.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Neese, remember, the preident DOES NOT have tobring in the speaker of the house to be the VP. remebmer, Ford was just a congressman from Michigan when Nixon asked him to be the VP. he was not the speaker or anything like that

Unless the rules have been changed, then the president can nominate who they wanna

Report: Armed man came closer than reported to Guard troops on Mexico border

By: AMANDA LEE MYERS - Associated Press
    jANUARY 21, 2007

PHOENIX -- A gunman in a group of six to eight men came within 35 feet of National Guardsmen watching the Mexican border earlier this month, according to a Guard report.

The four Guardsmen from Tennessee were manning an observation post near Sasabe on Jan. 3, looking for illegal border crossings. The men approached, split into two groups and surrounded the site, according to the report.

The troops began to withdraw to avoid a confrontation. As they were loading their gear into their vehicle, one of the armed men approached within about 33 feet, according to the summary.

"Both groups kept their weapons 'ready low' and never pointed them at each other. No shots were fired," the report states.

The troops finished loading the vehicle and drove away. They then called Border Patrol agents, who tracked the armed men back to the border but were not able to find them. Officials have said they do not know who the armed men were and what they were doing near the observation post.

The report was provided to The Associated Press by Gov. Janet Napolitano's office Friday.

Previously, the Border Patrol said the armed men only came about 100 yards from the troops. Border Patrol spokesman Gustavo Soto would neither confirm nor deny Friday the distance between the groups, saying releasing the information would compromise the investigation.

The report concluded the Guardsmen acted as they should have.

"We see this as a triumph of the training, discipline and professionalism of the Guardsmen performing this mission," the summary says.

National Guard troops are in Arizona and the three other border states assisting Border Patrol agents in a variety of roles, such as operating surveillance cameras, repairing border fences, constructing vehicle barriers and reporting illegal entries.

Associated Press Writer Jacques Billeaud contributed to this report.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... ogcomments

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12