Decision 2008 : Candidate for Governor Unveils Illegal Immigration Ad

March 5, 2008

Calls on other candidates to endorse 287 G program that helps catch, detain and deport illegal immigrants violating our criminal laws

RALEIGH - Yesterday, Republican Candidate for Governor Fred Smith unveiled his new immigration ad that endorses the 287 G program that allows NC law enforcement in cooperation with ICE to detain and deport illegal aliens who are violating our criminal laws.

Senator Smith said, "The first responsibility of government is to make sure we have safe streets, safe homes and safe schools. As governor I would work to make sure that every sheriff's department has the resources to participate in the 287 G program - so that they can catch, detain and deport illegal immigrants who are violating our laws."

Smith continued, "This is a public safety issue. It is my hope that all the candidates running for Governor -- from both sides of the aisle -- would join with me and endorse this program that gives law enforcement the tools they need to their job and to protect our citizens."

http://www.lincolntribune.com/modules/n ... oryid=8330