Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Had_Enuf wrote:

tired, sorry about you loosing your dinner. This is what goober looked like last week after constituents got on him.

Nah...leave it! You might want to rewrite the quote above though..
    The visual it inspires is even worse than the avitar.

New Technology

Some parts of the country have begin to use technological advances (Machinery) to pick the fruit.

I guarantee you if these farmers had to quit using these criminals....machinery would start doing the job.

As long as this cheap labor is around.....there will be no desire or motivation to use the technology that is available to them.
    Deport Now - Get your useless invading rearend out of my country!

They say workers are also becoming harder to find because of an increase in enforcement raids that have made it more costly for laborers to sneak into the U.S.

"You can just see, with the border tightening, that it's going to get bad," said Pat Gaskin, owner of Laurel Springs Christmas Tree Farm in Alleghany County.

Without reform that provides a simple method for bringing in unskilled workers, farmers who grow labor-intensive crops such as tobacco and sweet potatoes face a crisis and could end up out of business, said Larry Wooten, president of the North Carolina Farm Bureau.

If you can't operate your business legally, then you need to go out of business.

Banned
    Ron Woodard of Cary-based North Carolina Listen, an advocacy group that supports less immigration, said farmers should pay more, then they'd find domestic workers.

"They want to pay dirt wages," he said. "It's not that they're evil; it's that they want cheap labor."
    The dirty little secret is that only 26% of ag workers are illegal and agriculture is becoming highly mechanized as well. Illegals leave ag jobs for better paying construction jobs.

This isn't about guest workers, it's about destroying U.S. sovereignity!

had_enuf why you do you have a squirrel on your avatar?

Did you read the editorial in the N&O today? They tried to say
    S.1348 would make NCers safe from the drunk illegal with 3 names & a
    stolen Tahoe & a NC license with a bogus name who killed a 54 year old citizen on Monday. I could spit nails after reading that editorial.

Labor has always been a problem for family farmers. I grew up on
    tobacco farms & the whole family worked & kids were hired from families
    who were not growers. All americans. So what is new now. The farms are
    now big concerns & these "farmers" are millionaires. And illegal labor
    isn't the only subsidy they want the feds to deliver for their cold, hard
    lobbying bucks.

You need to blast the reporters every time they spew this propaganda,
    i.e. farmer Leggett needs 80 workers!?!?! Do you know that is a mulit-million dollar operation? That's not a farm. It's an agribusiness
    concern & I accuse them of shilling for special interests every time.
    If farmer Leggett got caught dumping bad chemicals in a creek, then
    the N&O would transform him into an evil agribusiness magnate.

We already have a temporary Visa program for farmworkers. It's the H2-A Visa and there is no annual cap. They can get as many legal workers as they need.

We already have a temporary Visa program for farmworkers. It's the H2-A Visa and there is no annual cap. They can get as many legal workers as they need.

They arent short of workers. They want illegal workers because they can pay them nothing and dont have to go by labor laws. Also if a worker is injured they can just kiss him off.

What can the worker do if they are illegal? Nothing. That is part of it. If they get physically injured on the job...or if they get cancer from pesticide exposure, they have no recourse.

No work comp. No disability. No social security. No umemployment. No work place safety rules. No hourly wage rules. No family leave rules. No resposiblilty to the worker in any way shape or form. Total slavery. Absolutamente Nada!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is total propaganda. Farmers have always had
    a hard time during "the Harvest". I lived in NC
    back in the 70's and 80's. I LOVED going to pick MY
    own veggies,etc. Now I live in an area where there is no
    access to pick for yourself and I miss it. I am so sick of
    hearing that Americans will not do this type of job. Look
    at retail type stores in malls...the pay is so low, they are begging
    for employees. Well, if you don't pay enough...who wants the job.
    And these are inside jobs with a/c and heat. The wages are too
    low and the cost of living is high. So gee, is working retail a job
    Americans won't do??????????????Oops, forgot. In retail only
    part time hours are offered so there will not be a benefit so the
    big corp do not have to lose a dime or the investors...but then the
    people with money do not think that they are "betting" against their
    fellow man.

yes this is true in retail as well. they want illegal labor. then when the pay is so low and the conditions so bad that only illegals will take the job...then they cry that illegals are all they can get.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    TheWatchdog:
    Thanks for the info. I'll use that on my "I'm All-About-The-Farmers" Senator Craig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12