Delayed justice for family of man killed by drunk driver
Posted: Jun 09, 2010 10:39 PM EDT Updated: Jun 10, 2010 6:30 PM EDT

Video Gallery
Accused drunk driver who killed man, gets high bond
1:52
Deadly crash suspect caught again
2:22

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - A man suspected in a drunk driving crash six years ago received a $200,000 bond Thursday afternoon.

It's been six long years since Angela Cline's husband, Buddy, was killed in deadly car accident.

"I am no more healed today then I was six years ago," said Cline.

Police say 26-year-old Jovany Morales, an illegal immigrant, crossed the median and hit Cline's car head on back in 2004. Officers arrested Morales for driving drunk, but he bonded out bail
and disappeared until he was arrested for assault last month.

"For six years, I've set and wondered you know where is he," recalled Cline. "Is anybody looking for him? Is he ever going to be found again?"

On Thursday, Angela Cline asked the judge to give Morales the highest bond possible.

"He's here and Buddy's not, I don't wish death on anybody but my husband should be here , had it not been for him, my husband would be here," said Cline.

Cline was eight months at the time of her husband's death with a little girl who would never know her father. She says Alyssa, now 6, often asks why she doesn't have any pictures with her father the way her older brother Dalton does.

"She will say 'Mommy, where's my pictures of me and my daddy?,'" said Cline. "What do you tell her? There are none."

Morales is facing several charges including felony death by vehicle, reckless driving and driving without a license.

He is scheduled to be back in court on July 29th

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12625254