Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC Media ignores story of child put in coma by DWI illegal.

Do the Google. Does this make anyone else mad beside me. Anyone else feel it should be a statewide story since they told everyone about Scott Gardner, but not little Amy Milligan?

ALIPAC NOTE: Although this story broke several day ago and all NC Newspapers were informed by ALIPAC via press release, this story is only being covered in Charlotte NC. You can confirm this by doing a Google News Search on the name "Amy Milligan". NC residents should call their local media and ask "Why are you NOT telling me about this?"

Girl (hit by DWI illegal alien) in wreck remains in coma

The little girl whose middle name is Hope is still in her hospital bed in a coma doctors put her in to keep her alive.

illegal alien, immigration, laws, security, DWI, Driving While Impaired, preventable crimes

8/19/2005
    CLEVE R. WOOTSON
    Charlotte Observer

Amy Hope Milligan was flown to Carolinas Medical Center after the car wreck that nearly took her life .

Her 15th birthday was Aug. 10.

Three days before that, she and her mother, Frances, went to Wal-Mart to pick up clothes, something nice to wear on Amy's special day. They left but Amy wasn't totally satisfied. She asked her mother to go back because she wanted a pretty blouse to wear to the party she was planning.

Frances Milligan made a U-turn and headed back. They were making a left into the parking lot when it happened.

A car, driven by Marin Gomez, 21, crashed into Amy's side of the car.

Gomez, who is in Richmond County Jail now under a $101,000 bond on charges that include driving while impaired and felony hit and run, had a blood-alcohol content nearly twice the legal limit and could not produce proof that he was a U.S. citizen, said Rockingham's Police Chief Robert Voorhees.

The Rockingham Police Department scanned Marin's fingerprints and entered them and other identifying information into a national database and said he didn't have a record of other crimes in other states. "He doesn't have a history with the FBI," Voorhees said. "Nothing came back on the national search."

The girl Rockingham Police say he crashed into never saw his car coming.

"She didn't even know nothing was happening," her mom said. "She was looking down in a stack of clothes that she had took with her."

The car spun around several times. Both sides of what used to be Frances Milligan's 1992 Buick LeSabre collapsed.

"Amy wasn't breathing," she said. "She was unconscious, and I had to hold her head so that she could breathe."

Frances Milligan, freed first with a broken wrist, watched for 20 minutes as emergency workers extracted her daughter.

Three days later, the little girl who loved music videos and scary movies lay unconscious in her hospital bed on her birthday, in the coma doctors induced to let her brain heal. After her birthday, she had wanted to try to get her learner's permit.

"It's been like a walking nightmare," Frances Milligan said. "She's had several moments when we weren't sure" she would live.

Today, her mother remains optimistic, although doctors told her that Amy could have brain damage from the lack of oxygen during those 20 minutes.

Frances Milligan said she knows that no matter what happens, the future will be hard. But the doctors have been reducing Amy's medication, she said. This weekend, they might bring her out of the coma.

"Right now what we're going on is hope," she said. "I'm just waiting to see her open her eyes. I just want to see her open her eyes."

Want to Help?

Donations can be made at any BB&T.

Ask for the special fund for Amy Milligan, attention Hamlet branch.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do the Google. Does this make anyone else mad beside me. Anyone else feel it should be a statewide story since they told everyone about the other wreck, but not little Amy Milligan?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is an outrage.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

No, I don't think it should be a North Carolina story.

I THINK IT SHOULD BE A NATIONAL STORY