Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC: Newton Baby Beaten to Death

Newton Baby Beaten to Death

A man in Newton has been charged with felony child abuse after a little boy who was left in his care suffered fatal injuries.

The Newton Police Department charged Armando Martinez who is an illegal immigrant from El Salvador.

Police are waiting to consult with the district attorney's office to determine if Martinez will be charged with second-degree murder.

On Friday, WBTV News spoke with the child's mother, Amanda Gibbs.

She said Martinez got mad at little Ethan because the child, who had been sick, threw up on his clothes.

Anchor Molly Grantham has more reaction from the mother about her son's death. Press "PLAY" to see this story.

Story Created: Feb 29, 2008 at 10:02 PM EST

Story Updated: Feb 29, 2008 at 11:25 PM EST

http://www.wbtv.com/news/topstories/16135667.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Abused child dies from injuries

BY JENNIFER MENSTER
    RECORD STAFF WRITER
    Saturday, March 1, 2008

NEWTON -- A 2-year-old who police say was abused by a babysitter has died.

The toddler’s name has not been released. He died at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte on Thursday evening. He was admitted to the hospital’s intensive care unit on Wednesday after first going to Catawba Valley Medical Center.

The Department of Social Services requested Newton police investigate the child’s injuries. The nature of the injuries is not being released for investigative reasons, police say. However, according to an arrest warrant obtained by the Record’s news partner, WSOC-TV Channel 9, Armando Hernandez Martinez reportedly assaulted the child so brutally he bled from one ear, sustained a spiral fracture to his arm, suffered a traumatic head injury and developed bruising on his head, genital area and buttocks.

Police arrested Martinez, 27, Wednesday evening and charged him with felony child abuse. He was placed in the Catawba County Detention Center on a $500,000 secured bond.

Newton police are now investigating the case as a homicide, and investigators will confer with the district attorney’s office before filing further charges.

Martinez is not related to the victim, and police say he was in charge of watching the 2-year-old when the reported assault occurred.

jmenster@hickoryrecord.com | 322-4510 x5409 or 304-6916

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/servlet/Sa ... 4262&path=
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mother of Child Who Died After Brutal Beating Speaks Out

POSTED: 11:25 pm EST February 29, 2008
    UPDATED: 12:00 am EST March 1, 2008

Police in Newton call the death of Amanda Gibbs' son Ethan the worst case of child abuse they have ever seen. Police have charged the brother of the boy's baby-sitter with felony child abuse

NEWTON, N.C. -- The mother of a Newton boy who died after being brutally beaten told Eyewitness News she felt partially responsible for her son’s death. "Right now, I'm numb," said Amanda Gibbs. "I've cried so much and I beat myself about it and I feel like it's more of my fault."

Police have charged Armando Hernandez-Martinez with felony child abuse in connection with the death of Gibbs’ son Ethan.

Ethan died Wednesday; he would have turned 2 years old on March 30. Gibbs told Eyewitness News that Hernandez-Martinez is the brother of the woman she hired to watch Ethan. The boy will be buried on Monday.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/15456582/detail.html

Oh no.....that poor little boy

More of those superior family values and the machismo illegals are so darned prouid of within their culture, I see

I'll certainly remember that lost little soul in my prayers.

Doesn't it make you wonder how much she really KNEW the people with whom she left her child?

The mother of a Newton boy who died after being brutally beaten told Eyewitness News she felt partially responsible for her son’s death. "Right now, I'm numb," said Amanda Gibbs. "I've cried so much and I beat myself about it and I feel like it's more of my fault."
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

investigate

I hope they do a full investigation:
    Is that his real identity?
    Has he had another contacts with law enforcement?
    Does he have a drivers license?
    Does he have a car and if so how was it registered?
    Does he have a regular employer?
    Does he have bank accounts?

If they do a complete investigation, I’m sure it would lead to more charges and more IA’S.
    <div>Do your job and enforce the law!
    Many thanks to the young that have served our country, and to those of you that have lost, we all owe you, thank you</div>

She said Martinez got mad at little Ethan because the child, who had been sick, threw up on his clothes.
    Why did the mother leave her sick child in the hands of this ANIMAL?

And what a pathetic little snake of a man that illegal alien is for beating a 2 year old child to death because he vomited on his clothes.

I hope that illegal alien is found guilty of mudering that child. He might not get the death penalty, but his fellow inmates will make sure his life will be miserable. REAL MEN dont like it when little children get hurt.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Why did the mother leave her sick child in the hands of this ANIMAL?

And what a pathetic little snake of a man that illegal alien is for beating a 2 year old child to death because he vomited on his clothes.

I hope that illegal alien is found guilty of mudering that child. He might not get the death penalty, but his fellow inmates will make sure his life will be miserable. REAL MEN dont like it when little children get hurt.
    There is little humanity in someone capable of doing this. I dont see how it could be anything but murder. Too bad El Salvador does not allow the death penalty. Any idea if his sister is an illegal also?
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

That man is fortunate to be in jail. He would be dead if he was around that area for long. I think the neighbors would lynch him.

Can anyone capture this and put it on YouTube? This needs to be out there.

I've sent this out to Hannity, Glenn Beck, Limbaugh, and O'Reilly. This will tear O'Reilly up. He is really hot on kids being abused.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast