Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Very good Ratbstard
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Got another E-mail from Paul:

Jeff,

I remember well the days in Chicago when the police would make an example of the long-haired types. That was brutality then and
    it still exists today. Citizens in a free society must remain vigilent to ensure our freedoms do not corrode and disappear. Deputizing
    sheriff deputies as immigration agents is flawed from the start as their training is not adequate for them to understand the complexities
    of immigration law. As someone who has first hand knowledge of how law enforcement officers can lose sight of their purpose burdening
    them with this added duty does not appear to be wise.

Speak to some law enforcement personnel and they will tell you adding on
    to their training and duties with immigration is something many of them do not want to see. There are programs and databases that
    allow for police and sheriff officials to verify the immigration status of someone who is arrested and in jail. This is different than what
    287g does in that it is the officer out in the field who acts as a proxy immigration agent.

287g is currently undergoing review under
    Homeland Security and a report is expected to be released this week. Who knows what will happen with it? Expanded? Curtailed? That
    is up to the new secretary of the department. I don't think I have made any emotional appeals. Law enforcement is a difficult business.
    Enforcing immigration law at the local level for local police is something that few departments want to do as it makes their jobs so
    much harder to do in those communities. This is one reason why large cities with lots of immigrants do not participate in these types
    of programs and they are not required to do so.

This is not an emotional thing but rather an examination if this program works well or
    doesn't. There is a reason why 287g has been taken up by sheriffs with the exception of the city of Durham. Sheriffs are political animals
    and respond to their constituencies on political issues like immigration. Local police tend to stay out of enforcing immigration law. Police
    chiefs unlike sheriffs are appointed by town managers or mayors or city councils. They stay out of politics.

In the end, criminal aliens will be discovered at the jail level no matter if your community has 287g or not. The question is do
    you want other agents aside from those from ICE acting as ICE agents? My argument is no because ultimately freedom is curtailed for those
    legal residents and U.S. citizens that look Hispanic. But then I don't like seat belt check points
    either as I see them as a violation of my freedom. I committed no violation, so why should I be stopped? The constitution guarantees
    me the right to be free from random searches. I don't give an inch of any of my liberties, sir, and I would advise that you consider
    this as well. Good luck in your endeavors, thanks for writing and all my best always,

Paul

Here is my reply:

Hello Again Paul,

Yes Paul those were dark days indeed but, and this is a big but, any long hair stopped and found to be carrying pot knew he was breaking the law and would pay the consequences. You seem to believe that those breaking immigration laws should not have to pay the consequences.

Now may I ask what makes the immigration laws so complex? Either you are here legally or you are not. You seem to suggest that enforcing a law that is on the books would be a burden to those paid to enforce the law. I would certainly expect that those officers trained in the 287(g) program could diligently perform those duties. As I understand the program an arresting officer having probable reason to believe a suspect may be here illegally would pass the duty onto an officer trained to handle the situation.

I will however concede that yes some officers may approach such enforcement with a less than noble concern for the law. Hasn't that always been true though? Such public servants should be weeded out is all I can say.

I must state that I believe you are wrong in stating that local authorities don't want to uphold these laws. I believe many feel they are being handcuffed in performance of their duties. As for large cities not participating, I suggest to you that it is because of influential people that are profiting from the cheap labor. They profit while the average taxpayer is forced to pay the bill for all the social services Illegal Aliens receive.

On top of this is the travesty that many Illegal Alien children get preferential treatment in the educational systems of these cities. I have personal experience in such matters as one of my sons missed the opportunity to attend one of NYC's premier High Schools while a program (The Bridge Program) sets aside seats for children who have lived in the USA less than two years and children who speak English as a second language. If these set-asides were not in place my son would have easily made the cut.

So in a sense it is also an emotional subject for me but I have 'the rule of law' on my side. I believe if 'the rule of law' were strictly applied we would not need to wait until an Illegal Alien commits a major crime against the public befor he is removed from our sovereign land.

I again thank you for responding.
    Sincerely, Jeff

I am so enjoying this correspondence!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ratbstard, I certainly hope you have written your letter to the GOP at the link below, we need people like you out there making contact......

Read the letter written and you will get an idea of what we need, the GOP is meeting this week, it is important for us to be heard from Great Job !!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-146284.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

SSFU I just finished sending the entire correspondence to the RNCC link.

info@gop.com

Thank you for contacting the Republican National Committee. We certainly
    appreciated your email, and will include your thoughts in our report to
    the Chairman. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future with
    any of your thoughts, opinions or observations.

Office of Constituent Services

Republican National Committee

info@gop.com

April
    RALLY CRY FROM ALIPAC, PLEASE JOIN IN!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-850399.html#850399

If you walk up to someone that looks spanish and start speaking spanish, they could blame you of profiling. What's the damn diffenerence?

My letter to Paul and his response. After reading the topic again I was wondering if I actually sent the letter to the right person or not because of the way it reads. Sounds as though Paul was writing someone elses experience.
    Dear ________,

Thank you for your input. I do appreciate it. I know many people see the recent migration of people from Mexico and Central
    America as an "invasion," I do not. I see it as an "invitation" by corporitists in corporate American profiting from cheap labor
    that destroys communities in these countries and in our own communities as well.

It is big business that advertised along the border
    for cheap jobs, transported people, and even provided them housing in North Carolina and other states to take advantage of them.

It is big buinsess that influences Congress and other politicians so they can have access to a cheap labor market. So, when it comes
    to blame in this situation I lay it squarely on those most responsible--the greed of corporate America.

I also lay a lot of responsibility
    on the American public-the American consumer that has profited from cheap goods and services and looked the other way from
    knowing who harvests their lettuce, tomatoes and Christmas trees. If you want the situation to change how about instead of just
    voicing your disagreement to the media you voice it to Tyson Foods, ConAgra, Cargill and other giant companies that helped create
    this migration. You can even stop consuming these products. Put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

The people I hold the least accountable are the poor, the undereducated in this migration of cheap labor--the workers themselves. They
    are mere pawns in a global game, as we all are.

And thank you for reminding me about the constitution because it applies to all the people in the country--that's why it starts with the
    words...WE THE PEOPLE and NOT...WE THE CITIZENS. The founding fathers were specific in their wording because they knew there
    were all kinds of people in the country at the time, Native Americans, foreigners, African American slaves who were not citizens
    but nonetheless are protected by the rights contained in the constitution.

Thank you for your time.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Feb 17, 2009 10:45 AM
    To: pcuadros@mindspring.com
    Subject: 287(g)

Mr Paul Cuadros

"It's a free country, but freer for some more than others." Your quote exactly.

And you are right because the American citizen is losing more of their power and rights to mostly a people that should not be in this country to begin with. And a lot of it lost to the influx of the illegal invasion happening over these years. This is not immigration taking place but an invasion of the United States of America.

Do you think it is possible you may have been questioned because there are SO MANY ILLEGALS of the HISPANIC race that it actually makes people wonder who is legal and not legal?

Falsified papers and documents and stolen identities. By the way there are also a lot of Hispanics out there that want to see laws of immigration enforced. Illegals sent home.

You are just another sob story. Americans have to listen to because the media does not want to print the full truth of what is transpiring in America today.Ooops I forgot you are in journalism. Wow imagine that sir.

"flashed a smile and shook his head and said, "Driving while brown." Your words again. Sounds as though you automatically think racist thoughts sir.

You are pathetic. I could go on and on why people in America want a crackdown on illegals but people like you just call it "racist" or maybe "xenophobia". Give me a break. The only true racists I see is groups like LaRaza or MALDEF and even the ACLU.

I for one support I.C.E. and 287(g) and I voice my opinion anywhere and anytime that I can.

And if we are all immigrants in this country, then from one immigrant to another. If you do not like it here or do not want to obey the laws of this country ,or have respect for this country or her Constitution and Bill of Rights then leave.

By the way. The Constitution and Bill of Rights are for the United States of America NOT for Mexico and her citizens.

Have a Great Day
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    My letter to Paul and his response. After reading the topic again I was wondering if I actually sent the letter to the right person or not because of the way it reads. Sounds as though Paul was writing someone elses experience.
    Seems right to me uao.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12