Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC rally on against illegal aliens depressing wages held Jun

Sunday, July 01, 2007
    Alamance NC rally on against illegal aliens depressing wages held June 30

Some early reports were that the spanish speakers didnt take too kindly to the rally -- hope to have some pictures soon. We hope to have an interview with Kim Oliver as soon as possible. Thanks for organizing Kim.

By Mike Wilder / Times-News
    June 30

GRAHAM — Men and women who stood outside the courthouse in Graham on Saturday to protest illegal immigration got thumbs-up signs and honks from some who drove by.

Others drivers slowed down as they circled the courthouse and leaned out their windows to make comments in Spanish.

Between 15 and 20 people were stationed outside the courthouse late Saturday morning to hold up signs for people to see from each side of Court Square.

Protest organizer Kim Oliver said some arrived a little before 7 a.m. and planned to stay most of the day. Others were participating for part of the day.

Oliver said the government needs to do two things: prevent people from crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally and fine employers who hire illegal immigrants.

“Let our law enforcement enforce the law,â€

ALRIGHT!!!

GO NC!!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Others drivers slowed down as they circled the courthouse and leaned out their windows to make comments in Spanish.
    I'd like to know what they said.

I'd like to know what they said.

Well, I was there and I can tell you!

Most just yelled, "Mexico-Mexico-Mexico" and waved keychains and little flags at us. There was one instance before I arrived where a very mouthy Mexican fellow stopped traffic while hanging out of his car shouting obscenities. I was told the newspaper reporter got pictures but apparently the paper didn't see fit to publish them.

I had the privilege of being addressed by a 19ish long-haired white boy who asked if we knew the economy would collapse if it weren't for the illegals . I asked him to take the time to pull over and let me educate him a little better on the subject but he simply told me I was number one with him (flipped me the bird) and drove off! We all just thought he was defending his neighborhood dealer, because that's the only economy a kid that age is familiar with (in these parts anyway).

ToA, Sorry you had to be insulted like that in your own town.

Thanks for making a stand.

I wish we had known about this rally earlier, we could have helped promote it but we did not find out till we read the first newspaper article on Thursday.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Kim promises me that he is seriously going to stand on that square for as long as it takes to get people to wake up and I believe him (provided of course he continues to get the permits). He took my contact info and if he follows up with me I will pass it along to you W.

We would sure appreciate some extra boots on the ground. Graham and Alamance County (of which Graham is the county seat) have a rich history of manufacturing dating back to Revolutionary times. That distinction has more or less come to a screeching halt thanks to the export of jobs. The area is now moving towards a service oriented job base with many illegals providing that labor. Business and banking are welcoming them with open arms here as elsewhere. Where will it all end if people don't stand up front and shout, "Enough!"

I wish I had a tape recorder on me Saturday as I listened to that white haired little lady who stopped to say, "Thank You" to us. She described her daughter who decided to join the military because she couldn't find a decent job around here anymore for someone with a limited education. She was VERY angry that her daughter was in Iraq dodging bullets while illegals were here pocketing cash and avoiding taxes as businesses fell apart all around her.

Then there was the big guy in the white pick-up filled with illegals and towing a landscaping trailer who stopped in to speak his mind. Needless to say he was screaming something about us ruining his business...what an idiot!

Kim promises me that he is seriously going to stand on that square for as long as it takes to get people to wake up and I believe him (provided of course he continues to get the permits). He took my contact info and if he follows up with me I will pass it along to you W.
    Was the event posted to this site?
    http://www.anti-illegalimmigrationevents.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Was the event posted to this site?
    http://www.anti-illegalimmigrationevents.com/
    I doubt it but I'll try to get the site info to Kim later today so he can post the next one there. Thanks!!!