Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC:Union Co Forced To Release Illegal Immigrants After Arres

MONROE, N.C. -- Although 11 people arrested in Union County over the weekend during multiagency counterfeit merchandise raid were discovered to be in the country illegally, Sheriff Eddie Cathey had to let them go.

"They posted bonds of $2,000 and all of them made bond," he said.

Had the suspects been arrested in Meckelenburg or Gaston counties, it would've been a different story.

That's because both of those counties are enrolled in the Immigration Customs and Enforcement 287-G program. It allows deputies trained by ICE to act as immigration agents.

Union County has applied to be a part of the program, but Cathey is still waiting for an answer from Washington, D.C.

"It's really frustrating, it's frustrating for the community, it's frustrating for law enforcement," he said.

Cathey says until he gets the ICE program, undocumented immigrants will keep coming to this county, and they'll continue to get out of jail and commit other crimes.

"If we don't have this, then we're the county the illegals will migrate to," he said. "Then it becomes a safe haven and we certainly are not going to have that."

Visit our immigration page to find out more about illegal immigration in the Carolinas and across the country.
    Copyright 2007 by WSOCTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/13665172/detail.html

$2,000 bail? That's ridiculous when the stupid judge knows these people take off.

"They posted bonds of $2,000 and all of them made bond," he said. Had the suspects been arrested in Meckelenburg or Gaston counties, it would've been a different story. That's because both of those counties are enrolled in the Immigration Customs and Enforcement 287-G program. It allows deputies trained by ICE to act as immigration agents.
    This is why it is totally ludicrous and ineffective to depend on the federal government for enforcement of illegal immigration as it affects the local level. The federal government is bloated, too bureaucratic, too slow, too ineffective, too incompetent, too corrupt, and too useless to handle immigration. The only solution that IS effective is for municipalities and entire counties of each and every state to enforce immigration laws at their level which is where the negative effects of illegal immigration are first felt.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

darn.... their went there Amnesty fine money
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

We need a federal law passed so they don't have to wait for ICE to deciede to do their job! We need local law enforcement to have the power to protect their cities. period!! I guess its time to start calling and faxing our Senators and Reps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fedupinwaukegan needs help check out this link!!If you are anywhere near the conference great time to meet William from ALIPAC
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68140

National Organization Announces 'Shop in Waukegan Day' to Counter Illegal Alien Boycott

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73007
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

No individual state/county/city should be bound by such ridiculous-ness (is that a word?) as having to offer bond to a person who DOES NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO BE IN THE COUNTRY! Under NO circumstance should an ILLEGAL ALIEN be let out of custody until such time as they are loading on the vehicle which takes them out of this country- under armed guard.

I live in one of the North Carolina counties that does not participate in 287g. I have witnessed the hispanic population literally explode in just the past 6-8 months. You can't spit without hitting one and I would be willing to bet my right buttcheek 90% of them are illegally in the country. Last year one hit the backend of my car at a stop light. When he realized I had called the police and wouldn't feel sorry for him 'cause he hadda go work a hes yob', he drove away. When the cop traced his tag and WE went to his apartment- he had NO license. Until August of last year, illegals could get a NC drivers license. Driving without an license AND leaving the scene of an accident.... I would have been locked up. Unfortunately he was not.

Unfortunately he was not.
    So you're telling me the cop didn't arrest hime there and then? I'm also sure he also didn't have insurance. Was his vehicle impounded?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nope. He wasn't there, didn't go home after hitting me. The car belonged to his uncle (who couldn't speak English). Believe it or not he was insured!
    The cop caught up with the kid the next day, called me to come to the one-room rat infested apartment complex to ID him. He left before I got there but the cop said he confessed to hitting me and leaving the scene and having no drivers license. The car was not taken and the uncle was not charged for letting the kid drive his car without a license (even after he admitted to knowing the kid had no license). He got a ticket for the latter two offenses. I got a check from the uncle's insurance to fix my bumper. I would rather see him deported for being in the country illegally.
    Even told the cop I would pay for his ticket home.

I live in one of the North Carolina counties that does not participate in 287g. I have witnessed the hispanic population literally explode in just the past 6-8 months.
    This points up previous statements that our law enforcement agencies are so overwhelmed they are re-ordering their priorities to actually process only the most severe crimes. The others are just given lip service. These comments are not intended to be critical of local government. When you see a community "explode in the just the past 6-8 months" they are not able to handle the overload. I'm sure their budget and personnel has not been increased by the same ratio as the 'explosion.'

If these people had come into the country legally and been assimilated into our society as our laws intended, the natural progression would have included the ability on the part of local law enforcement to deal with the increased population.

This points up previous statements that our law enforcement agencies are so overwhelmed they are re-ordering their priorities to actually process only the most severe crimes. The others are just given lip service. These comments are not intended to be critical of local government. When you see a community "explode in the just the past 6-8 months" they are not able to handle the overload. I'm sure their budget and personnel has not been increased by the same ratio as the 'explosion.'

You're correct. Just over a month ago I read that cuts would be made at the Sheriffs dept. They can't take deputies off the job long enough for the ICE training, it seems.