Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NE: Bill would centralize driver's license production

NE: Bill would centralize driver's license production
    BY NANCY HICKS / Lincoln Journal Star
    Saturday, Mar 01, 2008 - 06:01:08 pm CST

Nebraskans would get their driver’s licenses in the mail from outside the state, and they’d pay $8 more for a five-year license under a bill that is likely to get consideration this year.

The measure (LB911) is a scaled-down version of federal requirements called Real ID. It provides the state with better security over driver’s license but doesn’t have some of the more onerous federal requirements, senators said.

“This isn’t a Real ID requirement. There are no background checks (for employees). People don’t have to provide multiple forms of identification. It simply moves to central issuance of driver’s licenses,â€
    If your ILLEGAL...get out of my country...get out of my state...get out of my community...get out of my face!...otherwise, have a nice day!
    http://nebraskaobserver.wordpress.com/

Nebraskans would have to provide two forms of ID that show the address of their principal residence.

Protecting the identity of citizens is the primary goal, she said.
    Proof of citizenship or LEGAL residence will still be required, I hope!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "