Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NE legislature to hear Sanctuary State bill

Nebraskans Advisory Group, P O Box 12052, Omaha, Ne 68112
    www.nebraskansadvisorygroup.org

FINAL SHOWDOWN of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION BILLS in NE
    Every available Nebraskan should be at this hearing - take off of work to be there!

Your actions will determine the FINAL FATE of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION in NEBRASKA.

3 Immigration Enforcement Bills and 1 Sanctuary State Resolution will be heard in public hearing by the Judiciary Committee at the State Capitol Bldg 1445 K Street, Lincoln, Ne Room 1113 at 1:30pm on Wednesday March 2, 2011.

Senator Brenda Council's Legislative Resolution LR39 will PREVENT NE FROM TAKING ANY ACTION AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - in effect - NEBRASKA WILL OFFICIALLY BECOME A SANCTUARY STATE. UTAH signed a COMPACT by SOMOS REPUBLICANS (that has the same restrictions as Sen Council's Resolution) and yet Utah's House just passed a State Amnesty bill. If LR39 passes there is nothing left for us to do - that also means the Fremont Ordinance will automatically be null and void. This email has all the information you need to take action - the rest is up to you.

Sample letter and contact information below - keep in mind that the PRO-ILLEGAL ALIEN orgs say they have collected 6,000 signatures opposing LB 48. So, every voice and email counts. Each adult from your home should make separate calls and emails. Take the afternoon from work to attend - call your family and friends ask them to go too and send them a copy of this email. Bills/Resolution language at www.nebraskalegislature.gov
    There are a couple of important story links at the end of this email you should read BEFORE you send out your email.

PHONE NUMBERS FOR Judiciary Committee: Brad Ashford 402-471-2622; Steve Lathrop 402-471-2623; Colby Coash 402-471-2632; Brenda Council 402-471-2612; Scott Lautenbaugh 402-471-2618; Amanda McGill 402-471-2610; Burke Harr 402-471-2722; Tyson Larson 402-471-2801

TO: bashford@leg.ne.gov slathrop@leg.ne.gov ccoash@leg.ne.gov bcouncil@leg.ne.gov slautenbaugh@leg.ne.gov amcgill@leg.ne.gov bharr@leg.ne.gov tlarson@leg.ne.gov

CC: cjanssen@leg.ne.gov AND SEND A COPY TO YOUR senator

BCC: nagsusansmith@yahoo.com

SUBJECT: OPPOSE LR39; ADVANCE LB48; ADVANCE LR28; NEUTRAL LB569

Dear Judiciary Committee Members:

OPPOSE LR39 Council Provide the Nebraska Legislature recommends certain basic principles as a guide for state and federal immigration policy and call upon Congress to enact reforms. DO NOT ADVANCE THIS RESOLUTION it will OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE NEBRASKA as a SANCTUARY STATE! It is unbelievable that eight of our senators would even support this resolution. In reality, the Law Enforcement section of this resolution seems to discriminates against Americans and legal immigrants by encouraging the authorities to overlook civil violations relating to federal code in regard to illegal aliens. In fact, I'd like an immediate refund of wages paid to the introducer and the co-sponsors of this bill as it seems to me you are NOT REPRESENTING NEBRASKA TAXPAYERS. (Tell these CO-SPONSORS what you think of their support for this resolution: amcgill@leg.ne.gov 402-471-2610; bavery@leg.ne.gov 402-471-2633; kcambell@leg.ne.gov 402-471-2731; ccoash@leg.ne.gov 402-471-2632; dconrad@leg.ne.gov 402-471-2720; tcook@leg.ne.gov 402-471-2727; bkrist@leg.ne.gov 402-471-271

ADVANCE LB48 Janssen Adopt the Illegal Immigration Enforcement Act (Co-Sponsors to thank are: lbrasch@leg.ne.gov 402-471-2728; thansen@leg.ne.gov 402-471-2729; rkarpisek@leg.ne.gov 402-471-2711

ADVANCE LR28 Fulton Encourage all municipal, county, and state law enforcement agencies to participate in the Secure Communities program by the year 2012U.S. Dept of Homeland Security http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1102/1 ... ngeles.htm and www.ice.gov/secure_communities

NEUTRAL LB569 Coash Require employers to e-verify the immigration status of new employees I would support this bill if it mirrored the federal immigration requirements but since it doesn't I don't think it will stand up to a court challenge. If you were to make the necessary changes I would encourage you advance this bill.

Sincerely, YOUR NAME and address

STORY LINKS to READ BEFORE you send your emails:

TheReader's recent immigration article includes University of Lincoln Nebraska asst. professor Sergio Wals (swals@unl.edu 402-472-2343) demeaning LEGAL GERMAN IMMIGRANTS who came through Ellis Island by comparing them to illegal aliens. He also refers to Benjamin Franklin who said "....Germans were ignorant and most stupid of their sort...Their children won't learn English....." . This is why the reporter, Andrew Norman 402-341-7323, asked me where my ancestors were from. Apparently Professor Wals was unable to make a legitimate argument for his defense of illegal aliens and felt he had to discredit Germans in general. ALSO in this article you'll hear SEN. BRENDA COUNCIL use a NAZI SS reference to only asking people of color for their "papers" AND that you'll never see a cop ask EUROPEAN CAUCASIANS for their "papers". http://www.thereader.com/index.php/comm ... 0156c8%2C0

Mexican Consulate in OMAHA moves to larger offices - doesn't ask if persons are legal or illegal - issues passports, metricular cards so they can open bank accounts, buy cars, get driver's licenses, etc. AND Mexicans get free health care at One World Health Center in South Omaha.
    http://www.omaha.com/article/20110225/N ... late-grows

Utah Senator Robles holds simultaneous Utah and Mexican Government Offices http://www.examiner.com/immigration-pol ... z1F1GRMn4c

Utah House Passed Amnesty Bill (HB 116 sponsored by Rep. Bill Wright.) This nullifies illegal immigration enforcement in Utah and opens the way to grant amnesty to all those who are working here illegally. This bill would allow illegal aliens to work here, by permission of the state, on the condition of receiving a federal waiver

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for adding it to the homepage. We've done everything we can it is now up to the citizens to call/email and show up at the Unicameral on Wed.

I'll update you all after the hearings.

Thanks again for everything you do.

Susan

susan ive called the first 4 on the list
    3 of them have said there are more calls today than normal,
    and Lathrop's staffer said calls are about normal

Susan do you have the address and room #no. and time of meeting?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Susan do you have the address and room #no. and time of meeting?
    3 Immigration Enforcement Bills and 1 Sanctuary State Resolution will be heard in public hearing by the Judiciary Committee at the State Capitol Bldg 1445 K Street, Lincoln, Ne Room 1113 at 1:30pm on Wednesday March 2, 2011.

"Oh! there it is, remember boys and girls arrive early so you can get a seat, to your right as you walk in the door will be a sign in sheet to speak!
    The state will have experts giving statements "Legal Aide and Church Councils and Police testimony! Stick to the gig "Cost to the state and jobs!"
    The Immigration lawyers statement can be discredited along with the rest of the testimonies!

The cost of illegal immigration to the state of Nebraska is $262 million a year!
    http://twg2a.files.wordpress.com/2010/1 ... ystate.jpg

This will discredit the Law Enforcement concerns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... tWD4#at=40

And this is the tool to use

e-mail:

"Your statement to the judiciary committee on Feb.9, 2011 was a false statement and the organization I represent is taking legal action against the Kentucky Council of Churches, and the Maxwell Street Legal Clinic. Our goal is to see that all state and federal funding to your organization is investigated by the Legislative Secretary and the Legislative Research Commission!" This information has been sent to all House Reps. and Senate members.

Quote:
    But immigration attorney Marilyn Daniel said, "Federal law does not make it a crime to be in the United States without legal status. It is not a crime. What this bill proposes would make it a crime in Kentucky...This is stepping way beyond what federal law does."

are you sure about that Marilyn???

I think this law says otherwise.......

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

* Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
    * Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
    * Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;

has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

Lets not forget this:

"Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:

* assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or

* encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or

* knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime. Anyone employing or contracting with an illegal alien without verifying his or her work authorization status is guilty of a misdemeanor. Aliens and employers violating immigration laws are subject to arrest, detention, and seizure of their vehicles or property. In addition, individuals or entities who engage in racketeering enterprises that commit (or conspire to commit) immigration-related felonies are subject to private civil suits for treble damages and injunctive relief.

Respectfully submitted from,
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks James for supplying that information.

I'll be there early and staked out at the meeting room door. So, if you guys are coming be sure to see me. Okay?

Also, a sample letter and senator contact information is on the homepage of www.nebraskansadvisorygroup.org

Just did a radio show out of Lincoln about the bills tomorrow - got some good press on that AND they are spending a full 90 minutes Wed at 4:30pm on what happens at the public hearing. KLIN NewsTalk 1400 AM call in number 402-479-1400. The Coby Mach Show.

"Excuse me that wasn't all james, and try to get some e-mails to the judiciary committee chairman on the cost of IA's and high unemployment in Utah.
    Hopefully they will get them before the meeting and by doing this they won't dare bring up "These bills will cost the state of Utah to house for ICE and court costs and blah blah blah" and they will try to say it if they're not checked!

"Good luck and try not to get yelled at by the Committee Chairman!"

"I failed at that part!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast