Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The new comprimise: "TOUCHBACK"

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... g0321.html

+++

Migrants' temporary departure supported
    Dan Nowicki and Mike Madden
    The Arizona Republic
    Mar. 21, 2007 12:00 AM

Momentum is growing on Capitol Hill for immigration-reform legislation that would require some undocumented immigrants to leave the country to apply for citizenship.

The provision, known as "touchback," is increasingly seen as a way to garner more conservative support and deflect the politically damaging charge that lawmakers are providing amnesty for people who have broken the law.

"We recognize that touchback is a powerful political statement," said Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., co-sponsor of a bipartisan comprehensive reform bill that is expected to be introduced Thursday.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., once cool to the idea of touchback, is keeping an open mind. Running for president, he has met stiff opposition to illegal immigration among GOP voters.

Working closely with the White House, lawmakers are hoping to write immigration proposals that will draw broad bipartisan support.

"The touchback provision is not my idea, but for many, it's critical to the immigration reform bill," said Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., who said she won't oppose an otherwise positive bill because of it.

+++
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

Do not buy anything these two carpet baggers are selling. If these names appear on the bill, you know its trashy legislation that does not reflect what the majority of Americans want.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This story was already posted earlier today and if you read the earlier version, you'll see that there are so many exceptions written into the bill, that almost no one will be required to leave the country, before re-entry. It's all smoke and mirrors.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

What freaking difference does it make, this is just another snowjob to make Americans think they are not rewarding criminals. As long as they are "touching back", why not make them stay and wait in line like everyone else in the world has to? Anything else is rewarding criminals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The back of the line. And then some. You know, so our laws actually mean something.

e

According to the article like this one, the only one that has to leave the country if the head of the household, unless its a woman and she is single, no children, no elderly. What a big farce, They really think we are stupid!!!! WRONG!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    SOSADFORUS wrote:
    According to the article like this one, the only one that has to leave the country if the head of the household, unless its a woman and she is single, no children, no elderly. What a big farce, They really think we are stupid!!!! WRONG!!

NO NO NO!!! Let's tell them NOOOOOO! Totally unacceptable BS and we have to get the word out so the American people are informed because this is sneaky!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRH!

Banned
    I was so ticked off by this article that I called McCain and talked to a real person. I said I thought his campaign was losing steam because of his support of CIR and I thought I could help him out!

I told him to offer a common sense plan like this: enforce existing law, fine and imprison employers who hire the illegals and they will self-deport. Don't pass laws which circumvent the , existing laws which are just fine, and no support of "touchback" because anyone can see it's just amnesty. And, we're not stupid out here, afterall.

Then I called Kyl, Sessions, Spector, Grassley, Graham, Hagel, McConnell, Lott, and Cornyn and told them all what I thought of touchback! Lott's was the only office which thanked me. Spector's office was rude and said so that's what you "feel" and I said, "No that's what I THINK and I didn't see why this has to be such a big deal--just enforce the law---common sense."

You rock! ..awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast