Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Developments in Koch Foods Raid

Update: New Developments in Koch Foods Raid
    Last Update: 7:09 pm

Update: Immigration Raid At Fairfield Plant
    Immigrants Seized In Raid To Receive Humanitarian Release
    Large Immigration Investigation At Fairfield Business
    Koch Foods Releases Statement On Immigration Investigation
    I-Team Investigates Koch Foods

Reported by: Deb Silverman
    Photographed by: 9News

The immigration raid at a local chicken processing plant on Tuesday is bringing out all sorts of emotions.

One-hundred of the suspected illegal workers remain in jails around the Tri-state.

Everyone else was released with the promise to show up for a court hearing.

Those who are free say they are scared.

Among the people picked up during the raid at Koch foods on Port Union Road in Fairfield, a 28-year-old mother.

She was released because she's the only one who can care for her three-year-old son.

She doesn't want us to show her face or share her name.

An interpreter tells 9News what she's saying.

"Today, I continue feeling sad, even though I am released. I want to continue being here working. I feel very sad, I'm not a criminal," the translator communicated.

She says when the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents came into her workplace yesterday, she cried because getting caught would mean deportation back to Guatemala.

"I am going to work for God's will. I am just fighting for a better life for my family, that's why I'm here working and I'm going to wait for God's will," she continued.

Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones says the 20 suspects being held in his jail are not only facing federal charges for being here illegally, but they're also facing state charges for identity theft or having fake documentation.

"We've been telling you and other elected officials, we are in a problem here," said Sheriff Jones, "not only in this community, but the entire country is dealing with people coming here, stealing IDs, stealing identities."

"They are basically robbing the community," said Jones.

People from eight different countries were arrested during the raid.

A group of church leaders and human rights advocates gathered on Wednesday to say our nation's immigration system is broken and nothing good comes out of raids like the one at Koch Foods yesterday.

"This strategy will only drive undocumented workers deeper into the underground economy and into the hands of human traffickers and unscrupulous employers," said James Daria, of the Farm Labor Organizing Committee (FLOC).

©2007 The E.W. Scripps Co. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.as ... a1a8665645
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I do not think that we can drive illegal immigrants any deeper. What does it take to let these people know that the American Public is sick of illegal immigration, the crimes associated with it, our neighborhoods, schools and hospitals collapsing and the middle class american getting the damn bill.

If anything the American People will dig them out no matter how deeper they try to hide.

We are basically in a tug of war with our corrupt polliticans and 40 million a year CEO'S.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

"This strategy will only drive undocumented workers deeper into the underground economy and into the hands of human traffickers and unscrupulous employers," said James Daria, of the Farm Labor Organizing Committee (FLOC).
    And just why is that supposed to concern anybody?? They do it willingly and nobody is forcing them. They are always free to return to their own country. Why do they expect to NOT have consequences for breaking laws??

Just what is "deeper" into the underground economy??? In most cases they are already there if the meaning is working off the books and not paying taxes. They can't go much deeper.

well if this does drive them deeper, then they will probably remain "undocumented" instead of stealing honest peoples identities.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let 'em whine, cry and sob that they're only here to work, that they're scared...blah, blah, blah...the MSM laps it up. To me, it's water off a duck's back. Immigration sob story???...I don't give one whit for their hardships. They brought it on to themselves. Get out and go home. I'm much more worried and sympathetic toward the American citizen that didn't get that job the illegal has and to the American whose identity was stolen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

No room for law breakers.... go back home

Stollen IDs, Identity theft, Crossing the border illegally and all the religious leaders can come up with is our system is broken.

No SHI_ Sherlock... thats why the government is being forced to uphold the law because our country and it's people can no longer take the ILLEGAL ACTIONS by the Federal government in collussion with the illegal immigrants.

We are taking the country back from the criminal element and restoring order..... if that means booting Bushes corrupt back side out of office I am all for it