Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New federal push to fire illegal immigrants

New federal push to fire illegal immigrants
    Bob Egelko
    Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Bush administration unveiled a revised rule Friday threatening businesses with prosecution unless they fire employees identified in government records as possible illegal immigrants, offering a new explanation but virtually no change in content from the regulation that a San Francisco federal judge blocked in October.

The Department of Homeland Security announced the new version of the so-called no-match rule on its Web site and said it would invite public comments for 30 days.

The department then plans to ask U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer to lift his injunction. At the same time, it has asked a federal appeals court to overturn the Oct. 10 decision by the judge, who found that unions and businesses had raised serious questions about the rule’s legality.

“The no-match rule is an important tool for cracking down on illegal hiring practices while providing honest employers with the guidance they need,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope this new version is finally implemented. We've only been waiting since, what, 1986. But I'm sure the greedy cheap labor and ethnocentric shills will continue their whining.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Will the no-match letter identify work visa overstayers? When ta foreign national's work visa expires is social security notified and does it flag the account as Unauthorized to Work in the US or Not Valid for Employment.

Related Post with additional information:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-108883-.html

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I hope this new version is finally implemented. We've only been waiting since, what, 1986. But I'm sure the greedy cheap labor and ethnocentric shills will continue their whining.
    Yea, well said Populist. Twenty-two years is long enough, don't you think. The 86 amnesty was a bad idea which was what started this mess. It was especially a bad idea because the enforcement components were never implementd and enforced. What we got was a stampede of illegals from mexico rushing across our borders in hopes of winning the next amnesty lottery.

DHS should have a strong case since it is not a change in the law--it is an adjustment in administrative policy.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

The truth slipped out in the statement from the unions, compliance " Will Drive Up Business COST".

If someone receives a no-match letter they have plenty of time to correct the problem if it is a simple mistake.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I wonder if libertarians oppose this program.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

I can't believe what I actually read. What in the world has finally gotten into Senor Bush? Next we'll learn he's pardoned Ramos and Compean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast