Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Hampshire Legislators proposing laws to target illegal i

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4312447&nav=4QcS

CONCORD, N.H. A group of New Hampshire lawmakers is proposing laws to give the state authority to arrest illegal immigrants.

The lawmakers are following up on highly publicized incidents last year in New Ipswich and Hudson, in which police charged illegal immigrants with trespassing. A judge threw the cases out, saying enforcing immigration laws was a federal responsibility.

The bills would increase penalties for employing illegal aliens, make it a crime to aid illegal immigration and define being in the state illegally as trespassing. They also prohibit services for illegal immigrants except in emergencies, make it a crime to use false documents to get a job or services and make it a crime to provide false information to register the car of a foreign national.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm assuming that the state government can do workplace enforcement, as well? Pardon my ignorance; I just wanted to know. I guess that under these laws, if arrested and convicted the illegals would spend time in a state jail or prison, and, theoretically, when they were released they would be released into Federal custody, to be put before an "immigration" judge and hopefully deported? Is this correct on my part?

I'm just concerned that the Fed government followup on its part, instead of having the illegals spend time in jail, and then be released back into New Hampshire society. Or, could the state of New Hampshire simply deport the illegals? Anyone know how this would happen?

Joe