Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In a New Jersey Town, an Immigration Fight Pits Brother Agai

September 4, 2007
    In a New Jersey Town, an Immigration Fight Pits Brother Against Brother
    By NINA BERNSTEIN
    Bryan Lonegan, a prominent immigrant rights advocate, gets the question all the time. Is he related to Steven M. Lonegan, the Republican mayor of Bogota, N.J., who demanded last year that McDonald’s remove a billboard written in Spanish and who then pushed to make English the town’s official language?

The answer prompts chuckling comments like, “You must have great Thanksgiving dinners!â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If the one brother -Bryan is all for the immigrants not learning English because of "the message that sends" then why doesn't he insist the signage be multilingual instead of just English/spanish? He said they have families from Africa,Egypt,Pakistan AND Latin America.If I were from any other country besides Latin America I would clearly get the message-I'm not worth pandering to.
    When the illegals get sent home I think it would only be fair to let them have some of our folks like Bryan Lonegan to take back with them.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!