Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New life starts for prosecuted Border Patrol agent

New life starts for prosecuted Border Patrol agent
    Brugman hopes Ramos, Compean also free soon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: December 11, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Former Border Patrol agent Gary Brugman has begun a new life as the owner of a new MATCO Tools franchise, following a 24-month sentence in federal prison for a minor scuffle with an illegal alien at the U.S. border in January 2001, an offense for which he was prosecuted by U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton.

"For many years after what happened to me, I lost faith in the United States of America," Brugman told WND.

"But today is a whole new day for me," he continued. "I now realize that when you say the United States of America, you don't mean the government. The United States of America is 'We the People.'"

"I would not be sitting here today in the cab of this truck in my new business if it weren't for the people," Brugman said.

Houston businessman and radio talk show host Edd Hendee organized "The Gary Brugman Project" on his Eyes on the Border website.

Hundreds of contributions poured in, ranging from $1,000 corporate checks to $8.70 from a little girl's lemonade stand, after she heard about Brugman while listening to the radio with her dad.

Hendee helped Brugman negotiate with Matco Tools an exception that allows Brugman to own a franchise despite the company policy of refusing to grant franchises to convicted felons.

Brugman, a dedicated Harley-Davidson motorcycle rider, also gained the support of the American Freedom Riders, a group of Harley-Davidson fans and other bikers riding for border security.

On October 8, the Freedom Riders published a request on their website, asking for donations to enable Brugman to meet the requirements of the Matco Tools franchise.

Before joining the Border Patrol, Brugman spent eight years in the Coast Guard.

Through his trial and prison term, Brugman lost everything, including his life savings, his wife and his home.

"Gary served his nation twice," Hendee told WND in a telephone interview, "both in the Coast Guard and the Border Patrol. We as a nation owe Gary a chance to succeed when Johnny Sutton and the U.S. attorney's office took everything he had away from him."

"Gary spent two years in the federal prison for nothing more than pushing an illegal alien down with his foot," Hendee stressed.

"The illegal alien in the incident suffered no injuries," Hendee continued. "The prosecution would never have happened had the Mexican government not insisted upon it to the extent of going into Mexico to locate and find the illegal alien so he could testify against Brugman."

Sutton's website confirms Hendee's statement.

In a press release published on Sutton's website on March 10, 2003, the day Brugman was sentenced, Sutton thanks the consul of Mexico in Eagle Pass, Texas, for locating the illegal alien in Mexico and making him available to U.S. authorities to testify against Brugman at the trial.

As WND has reported, Sutton is the same U.S. attorney who prosecuted Gilmer Hernandez from Rocksprings, Texas, and U.S. Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean.

Hernandez is the deputy sheriff who was convicted for shooting after a fleeing van of illegal aliens who tried to run him over.

Ramos and Compean currently are serving 11- and 12-year federal prison sentences for shooting at Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila, an admitted drug smuggler who fled across the border after smuggling into the U.S. a load of 750 pounds of marijuana in a van.

WND also has reported about the intervention of Mexican consulates demanding the law enforcement agents be prosecuted for using force even against illegal aliens committing crimes in the United States. Such demands were a major factor leading to the decision of the U.S. government to proceed with the prosecution of both Hernandez and of Ramos and Compean.

Even yesterday, Brugman expressed his continuing concern for Ramos and Compean.

"For the first time in many years I feel happy today, peaceful and calm," Brugman told WND yesterday. "However, Ramos and Compean are still sitting in isolation, in solitary confinement. I know how that feels because I have been there myself."

"This isn't about me," Brugman continued. "We can't forget about Ramos and Compean. I was fortunate to run into some really good people who helped me out. But until the day Ramos and Compean are free, this is all about them."

Brugman has appeared extensively on radio and television supporting Gilmer Hernandez and Ramos and Compean in their cases, including appearing on the O'Reilly Factor on Fox News. He's also been on dozens of nationally syndicated radio shows, including those hosted by Laura Ingraham, G. Gordon Liddy, and Roger Hedgecock.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=59140
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

New life starts for prosecuted Border Patrol agent -

Boy oh boy, the Mexican government seems to have a lot of clout in this country. Johnny Sutton needs to be investigated and dealt with accordingly. This is one corrupt guy and he shouldn't be working for the federal government. I think he would sell his soul to the devil if Mexico asked him to. Corruption in a government should not be tolerated and this guy Sutton needs to be dealt with.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    God Bless this agent and good luck.. we have not forgotten Ramos and Compian.... we are fighting to get them freed.

This Federal Prosecutor is going to jail for corruption... watch for it to happen
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I received a letter today from Senator Grassley. His judiciary committee
    convened a hearing in July, 2007. Basically he says they were tried and found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Also that they have a right to file an appeal.

He also says that while the House passed legislation to deny funds for their imprisonment, the Senate version has no such amendment. It will have to be negotiated to stay in the final spending bill.

He suggested that I check the testimony at this site.
    http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearing.cfm?id=2872

He also included a copy of the letter he received from the Federal Bureau of Prisons concerning their ability to keep these agents safe.

Maybe all these agents prosecuted by Sutton should file a class action suit against him. I'd like to see him paying his income to them for the rest of his career as punitive damages. Poetic justice.