Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Mexico has been educating Mexican students 40 years!

New Mexico is paying to bus and educate Mexican students in the United States… And, they’ve been doing this for 40 years!

Pancho Villa would be proud. Via Judicial Watch:

In a town famous for Pancho Villa’s ransacking, the purloining still occurs; this time horses and mules are not disappearing, but taxpayer money is. Columbus, New Mexico is just 3 miles north of Palomas, Mexico and is one of the many border towns mired in the border fence, illegal immigration, and drug smuggling. The culprit in this case, however, is not El Chapo or a coyote, but rather residents in Mexico expecting American taxpayer benefits.

Many families in Palomas, Mexico choose to send their children to Deming Public School District. Regardless of citizenship, these Palomas students are ineligible for Deming Public School education as they live out of the district and are not supporting the school through taxes. In 1996, The Albuquerque Journal noted that students residing in Mexico have been educated in the United States for free for over 40 years.

Judicial Watch investigated this matter of “freeâ€
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Can't we the people file a class action lawsuit against that district for giving away our tax money to another country (or at least for spending it on another country)? Isn't s misuse of funds. I'm no attorney, but geez there has to be a viable suit here.

the attorney is full of crap if he expects us to believe it is not on a per student basis for calculation of funds. How does he think they even come up with the budget number for funding. They just didn't wave a wad and say "oh, I think 32 million should cover it" it is determined by student population..the more students..the more funding...busing students in to increase your funding would be considered and illegal act in my book...I hope one of the major news outlets run with this.
    "Where is our democracy if the federal government can break the laws written and enacted by our congress on behalf of the people?"

"I hope one of the major news outlets run with this."

Um, I think they have. Maybe this time it will be different.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Deport all illegal aliens

DEPORT ALL THE ILLEGAL MEXICANS.

New Mexico should be forced to refund the taxpayers of new Mexico $3,061,712.71. Who ever is responsible for fraudulent waste of taxpayer money should do some jail time.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

It was a common sight to see students from Mexico crossing the border to go to school when I worked in El Paso. Taxpayer money should NEVER be spent educating children from another country. Period. It is unlawful use of taxpayer money.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

It was always my understanding that the public schools could not deny education to ANY child regardless of where they came from.
    In fact, this is what is on the El Paso Independant School District website:

"The El Paso ISD does not discriminate in its educational programs or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. "

I always found it very disturbing when our kids were going to school that every year we had to produce their birth certificates but those from Mexico did not. We had to have current shot records but they did not.
    Our children were given lengthy lists for required school supplies that cost us an arm and a leg yet the students from Mexico didn't have to and were getting their supplies free.