Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A new Semantic Spin on Illegal Aliens

I just spoke briefly today to a friend who works at the RNC. For the record he personally is opposed to all forms of illegal immigration, we know how the RNC has behaved as of late, but he is a great source of information nonetheless.

He mentioned that a new spin has been designed to help Republicans bail out of the Conservative tide that has been unleashed against it regarding illegal aliens. The new spin is simple: "refer to illegal aliens as criminal if they have committed a crime other than being here illegally. to use phrases such as criminal aliens." The hope here is that eventually a division is created in the general publics mind that there is actually a difference between the trespasser and the illegal who committs other crimes like dui, etc."

I asked if there was a political point to it and his reply was: "...well, they really need to severe the criminal alien element away because it is hurting their sell of illegal immigration. They want to make the argument that there is a difference and they want people to focus on it."

I said if he (rnc) understood that illegal immigration is a crime period. His reply was: "of course they know that, at this point its a corporate sell."

These are his words not mine.

I do see what he is saying now that I look at it. From what I hear O'Reilly has been trying to capitalize on the term "criminal illegal aliens" when referring to illegal aliens who are in court for an additional offense to the original offense of coming here illegally. The consultants have apparently told him that this will gain him some credibility in the anti-illegal alien movement. He is determined to undermine the will of the American people with his support of illegal aliens.

Don't fall into the semantic consultant trap. Simply say ALL ILLEGALS ARE CRIMINALS.

I just have to mention here at how I am still utterly disgusted with O'Reilly and his cowardice, most especially when he tried to spin the American public with his "this bill is the best option" before it even came out! And he had not read it! I'm still livid obviously, we can't let this scum ever forget it. Even if he is trying to use semantics to do so.

But fight the semantic game...ALL ILLEGALS ARE CRIMINALS

You know it seems everyone has to pull out the stops. Do they really think that we are idiots? I know our education system is trashed and no one has been left behind, but really most of us had a pretty good education. Most of us are older than 20.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Thanks for the tip Chosen.
    I figured it was only a matter of time before they had to think up new words/labels for them, just like they do for us who oppose them.First we were racist/bigots, then nativists.
    Also,I thought I was the only one sickened by O'Reilly, nice to know I'm not alone.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

Again they fail to accurately gauge public opinions on this. Americans want the illegals that commit crimes gone first and then the rest.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can tell you I would never fall for it, just as I have never fallen for arresting "Other than Mexican" which they are not useing much anymore. But thanks for the info Chosen we need any inside info we can get.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)