Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Study Slams CBS, ABC, and NBC for biased immigration cov

New Study Slams CBS, ABC, and NBC for biased immigration coverage!

http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/200608 ... -2764r.htm

Biased TV messages
    TODAY'S EDITORIAL
    August 29, 2006

Every time we think we have seen the worst in media bias, we come across studies like the Media Research Center's new report on the Big Three's immigration coverage. The center's director of media analysis, Tim Graham, confirms conservatives' worst fears about ABC, CBS and NBC, as they recklessly go about their efforts to depict an America that simply doesn't exist.
    Mr. Graham and analysts reviewed 309 immigration stories from March 24 to May 31, or roughly the period between the first major immigration rally and passage of the Senate's amnesty bill. The report found that in contrast to the networks' universal agreement that the rallies were historic and represented a "Vietnam-era" movement, collectively they mentioned just 16 nationwide polls that "might include the opinion of the non-protesters."
    Occasionally, the networks simply ignored polls that disagreed with their pro-illegal immigrant framework. For instance, CBS never cited its poll findings that 87 percent (April 6-9) or 89 percent (May 4- of Americans said that the problem of illegal immigration was "very serious" or "somewhat serious." NBC never cited its poll finding that 71 percent would be "more likely" to vote for a candidate "who favors tighter controls on illegal immigration." While touting a Time magazine poll showing 79 percent of Americans in favor of a guest-worker program, none of the Big Three mentioned the poll's finding that only 12 percent of respondents said the demonstrators made them more likely to endorse a guest-worker program, compared to 35 percent who said the protests made them more likely to favor laws to "make it crime" to enter or work in the country.
    During the study period, advocates of amnesty and guest-worker programs drew 504 soundbites on the network news shows, compared to just 257 for those arguing for tighter border security. On the night of one large demonstration on April 10, the count on all three networks was 43-2 in favor of the protesters. On the large May 1 nationwide rally, it was 62-8.
    When labeling groups and individuals, network reporters used the term "conservative" 89 times and "liberal" only three times. NBC never used "liberal" in its coverage, despite using "conservative" 45 times. On May 1, NBC's Nightly News quoted one Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, a rally organizer, without noting her membership in International ANSWER, a Communist organization. Similarly, a March 24 ABC story identified Teodoro Maus as a "community leader" without telling viewers he was Mexico's consul general in Atlanta from 1998 to 2001.
    It's no wonder cable networks like Fox News and programs like CNN's "Lou Dobbs Tonight" continue to attract viewers at the Big Three's expense. Congress especially should take the Media Research Center's report to heart and remember that network news is more like state-run TV in an authoritatian state than it's like objective news -- at least when it comes to reporting conservative opinion.

bttt
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is BIG news.

added to the homepage

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... e&sid=1471
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W.....I agree....and I just shared it with all my local media! My local media stinks when it comes to the issue of illegal immigration, and I feel they just want to avoid the topic altogether. I'm glad this was here so that I could enlighten them.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

I have been fighting this since mid-March when I first really became aware of the issue and ramifications of illegal immigration.

Why? Because I feel so betrayed. I was a news junkie, thought I was up on everything. Yeh right. Since I only had rabbit ears, all I got were, you guessed it, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, Univision and Telemundo.

So I take great delight in hounding the MSM with articles and info that they DO NOT cover.

I just want them to know that WE ARE AWARE!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Not Liberal vs. Conservative!

Some people are just determined to cast illegal immigration as a conservative vs. liberal issue. It isn't! It's not divisive like abortion, the teaching of evolution, same-gender marriage or prayer in the public schools. Most Americans want their borders secured. Most Americans want employers punished for hiring illegal labor. Most Americans were appalled at the illegal marches (and will be again when they start up again over Labor Day). I am neither liberal nor conservative, neither Democrat nor Republican. I don't think the networks are, either. They're biased all right, but I think their bias is best described as a corporate bias. They'll jump through hoops and twist the truth into pretzels in order to do the bidding of the big money interests that control them. If we want to win this fight, we'd better put aside these political labels and come together under the banner of patriotism. It can be done!

New study slams mainstream media

It's hard to understand their pro-illegal bias. They should realize that they would attract more viewers and listeners if they simply gave the opposing viewpoint equal treatment. For example, the outrageous case of convicting the 2 Border-Patrol agents for simply doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. If one of the "Big 3" were to break out with this story, they would attract a huge audience. Even pro-illegals viewers would tune in.

Maybe I'm not seeing something. Maybe the advertisers who pay for air-time on the big 3 would object to fair and balanced coverage. A boycott of these advertisers suggests itself.

Just forwarded to a couple major newspapers in southern CA for all the good it may do. The media is a lot of our problem.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn