Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New York Governor Eliot Spitzer: Not Gone Yet—But Going?

New York Governor Eliot Spitzer: Not Gone Yet—But Going?
    By Joe Guzzardi

Inquiring readers want to know why I didn’t include in my list of our 2007 successes the saga of New York Governor Eliot Spitzer’s vigorous, and ultimately failed, effort to get driver’s licenses into illegal aliens’ hands.

Great question!

In many ways, the national effort to thwart Spitzer was our most significant victory in 2007. Spitzer, unlike President George W. Bush who needs Congressional approval for his subversive actions against America, perceived himself as having the power to approve the issuance of licenses to aliens by arbitrarily demanding county clerks ignore certain the provisions in state law.

But Spitzer was completely routed by a massive citizen uprising originating in New York and led by the county clerks and other outraged state employees. Anger quickly spread throughout the country.

After a four-week battle, Spitzer gave up—none too graciously—noting that it would be impossible for him to accomplish anything else on his legislative agenda while the license outrage swirled around him.

As 2008 begins, I have good news and bad news about Spitzer.

The good news is that since he revealed himself as a pro-illegal alien advocate his popularity has plummeted to lower than Bush II levels—no small feat for a politician in office for only a year.

In an amusing story in the Daily News, reporters Joe Mahoney and Elizabeth Benjamin tied certain Spitzer arrogant comments to his steady decline in the polls.

[quote] January 2007, (61 percent approval) to Assembly GOP leader James Tedisco, [b]“Listen, I’m a f—ing steamroller and I’ll roll over you and anybody else.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can someone tell me the difference between Spitzer and Guillani?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    Can someone tell me the difference between Spitzer and Guillani?
    Spitzer is an arrogant, jackass IA hugger.
    Ghuiliani is just an arrogant IA hugger.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

zeezil -
    Just add one thing to that, please. Giuliani has no respect for our Constitution or our Amendments. He would completely do away with the 2nd Amendment if he got a chance. That, in essence would change the populace of this country from being citizen patriots, to being subjects who are afraid of their rulers.
    He already got New York City to be a 'gun free zone' so that only the law breakers have guns. That means none of the resident citizens have the means to defend themselves when a criminal pulls a gun on them - - and you know that they will be dead by the time a cop shows up (not the cop's fault).
    Worse than that, though is the fact that none of those citizens have the ability to stand up to a government that has degraded to despotism. The 2nd Amendment was written for a reason!!!
    "The Second Amendment is the RESET button of the United States Constitution." — Doug McKay

Personal Injury Lawyer Attorneys in USA