Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Newt - if you don't agree, send him a msg.

http://www.newt.org/

Gingrich warns Republicans Americans want change
    Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:36am ET

Top News
    Rumsfeld under renewed attack
    Iran warns against US attack
    Istanbul blasts wounds 31
    VIDEO: Vatican Easter vigil mass
    More Top News... Email This Article | Print This Article [-] Text [+]
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Republican Party is in serious danger of losing political ground in November elections if it does not enact reforms that eliminate waste and hold the federal bureaucracy to higher standards, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said on Sunday.

"I think they're in very serious danger of having a very bad election this fall," Gingrich said on Fox News Sunday.

"You have to respect the right of the American people to say they want change," he said, criticizing the federal government's bungled efforts to cope with Hurricane Katrina and the Republican-led Congress' failure to enact immigration reforms.

"Are they going to learn some lessons and get their act together?" Gingrich asked.

Republicans currently outnumber Democrats 231-201 in the House and have a 55-44 advantage in the Senate.

The former representative from Georgia said the "debacle" over measures to strengthen U.S. borders and create a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants "was one more piece of the puzzle" for many voters who have lost faith in Republican leadership.

"The country absolutely wants control of the borders," Gingrich said. "The country absolutely wants us to insist that becoming an American citizen requires that you passed a test in English."

A well-designed guest worker program would have the support of 75 percent to 80 percent of the American people, he said.

With the federal budget deficit at record levels, Gingrich said Americans are losing patience with "pork," the discretionary spending earmarked to benefit local political constituencies.

"We were sent here to reform Washington, not to be co-opted by Washington," he said.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlene ... xml&rpc=22

I don't totally agree with him and signed up just to send him a message!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

That part about the guest worker program. If I HAD TO HAVE a guest worker program it would be so rigid that it wouldn't even be worth having. FOR ONE thing, I would say it would be for TWO years MAX and ONLY the worker would come.

But they will NEVER handle a guest worker program correctly and without a lot of fraud and wrong-doing...SO JUST DON'T HAVE ONE.

Did he say 80% of the people ? I would question that. I know there is some support by people who actually believe our government could handle it, but that high ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Newt is right about the Republicans being opposed to illegal immigration and wanting the matter resolved now. He's also right the Republicans are up a creek without a paddle heading for the "falls" if they don't pass HB 4437 in my opinion as a 4th generation Republican.

But he is absolutely WRONG about any Republican wanting a Guest Worker Program.

We don't. Period. End of Story.

Why?

Because we already have one. It's called US Immigration Law and is currently allowing more than 1,300,000 immigrants into the United States annually most of whom are of working age or soon will be. We do not need the labor; therefore, we do not need a new "guest labor program".

I read where only 300,000 people provide all the agricultural "picking" in the United States. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there close to 1,000,000 Ag Job Visas? Yep. See? We already have more legal avenues to provide all the seasonal temporary foreign labor this country could possibly need for the next damn century.

We already have 39,000,000 people in poverty....of whom a solid 10,000,000 are impoverished adults ready, willing and able to work...if they could only find a job that pays enough to sustain them and their families.

We do not need and will not need for many years if ever, another "foreign worker" program.

When all Americans are employed at wages and salaries that sustain them, THEN...and only THEN might we possibly need to reexamine the number of visas for certain tasks. But not one day before the day every single American Citizen is employed; financially secure; comfortable; and enjoying the American Dream.

P. E. R. I. O. D.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn