Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nine Arrested for Cockfight in Utah

Just another nuisance brought into the US by the invaders. Correct me if my understanding is wrong, but I think cockfighting is more likely to be a "south of the border" thing now imported to perhaps a neighbhorhood near you!

http://kutv.com/localbriefs#story5
    Nine Arrested For Cockfight

(Ogden, UT) -- Nine people have been arrested and nearly 100 chickens confiscated as police busted a suspected cockfighting ring in Ogden on Saturday. Responding to an anonymous tip, police discovered a cockfight in progress at a home in the 200 block of Peterson Street. The Humane Society of Utah believes cockfights happen across the state almost every weekend. Investigators say this operation was pretty well protected. There were tall fences surrounding the backyard, where the fights took place, and the house was also set apart from others on the block. Police seized vitamins, syringes and leg razors, which are used as weapons in the cockfights. The nine people arrested face counts for fraud, animal cruelty and tampering with evidence.

Cockfighting is legal in New Mexico. They've been trying to pass a law to make it illegal, but they protest it's part of their "culture". I don't think the law has passed yet or if it even will.

Ha...ya we had that in Florida along with the Pit Bull fights and they wanted it legalized because it was a part of their culture. Too bad they stole family pets to be used in the training process. Here we are fighting about the Easter Bunny now, and this is going on. Whats next? Virgin sacrifices?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Even in Million Dollar Homes

Within the last few years, there was a murder of a couple of Mexican family members, in a new million dollar home. The Dallas home was surrounded by roosters. The remaining family tried to get custody of the roosters but I don't think the judge wouldn't let them have them. I wish I could find an article and the aerial photo.
    Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cockfighting is legal in New Mexico.
    I know that they still raise roosters in the city down here but I don't think they can fight them here if they get caught at it. I HAVE been, on occasion, in the post office when roosters were being sent through the US mail to other places though!

I am pretty sure they can't take live animals back and forth across the border (through legal checkpoints) without a permit from the US Dept of Agriculture -- nor can you bring in a bird from anywhere else without it.

Cultural cruelty to animals. How very endearing THAT is for their cause.

Wasn't it in Oklahoma where they proposed little boxing gloves for their feet that would electronically register a "hit".

A letter to the editor is self-explanatory. This poor man's neighborhood has gone to the "dogs" and the "roosters" and the invaders!

TOUGH LAWS

RANT: Do we want tough immigration laws? I say yes, by all means. My neighborhood has become "Little Mexico." I moved into my neighborhood in 1986. It was quiet, dogs were fenced so we could walk. Today, this neighborhood has chicken farms in the yards (illegal cockfighting), drug dealing and I can't sleep for roosters crowing all hours.

Most are here illegally. We have been invaded and get no respect.

I am for the "American Way" of living, clean, quiet neighborhoods (city or out of city), respecting your neighbors and abiding by laws.

There has to be some tough laws (enforced). Our natural-born citizens come first, jobs, health care, education and housing.

G. Parker