Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NJ: Feds Urged To Tackle Illegal Immigration

Feds urged to tackle illegal immigration

Manasquan "paralyzed" from acting on it
    By Alex Biese • COASTAL MONMOUTH BUREAU • February 13, 2008

MANASQUAN — The Borough Council Monday night unanimously approved a resolution urging Congress and the state Legislature to provide "a permanent and comprehensive solution to the problems of day workers and illegal immigration."

The resolution is the latest step in the council's search for ways to address what some see as a problem of day laborers congregating here.

"It's not the final chapter, but a chapter in the story of us dealing with a problem there is in Manasquan," Councilman Michael Mangan said.

However, some residents at the meeting expressed a desire for the borough to be more accepting of the day laborers.

"I really wonder if, as a community, we can't be the kind of community that, rather than exclude those people, tries to include them," Mary Ryan said.

"I like who we are as a community, but I think there is room for us to stretch and grow," Ryan told Mayor George Dempsey and the council.

Former Councilman John Tischio followed what he referred to as "ideal words" from Ryan, saying, "I think we should all be more embracing in this community."

At the council's Jan. 14 meeting, Mangan, chairman of the Manasquan Committee on Day Workers, which was formed in May, presented the committee's report.

Mangan said the issue of undocumented day laborers is one that must be addressed at the federal level. Quoting his committee's report, copies of which are available through the borough clerk's office, he said, "The borough is paralyzed from acting on this matter in any official capacity. That being said, there is nothing preventing a private citizen from making a personal choice to abstain from hiring any worker who does not provide appropriate documentation, or paying any contractor who hires such employees."

In its report, the committee also recommended that the council urge the Legislature and Congress to act on the matter.

The committee — which also includes Dempsey, Councilman Jeffrey K. Lee, Police Chief Daniel Scimeca and Code Enforcement Officer Neil B. Hamilton — wrote in the report that geography, job availability and the number of rental properties in town all contribute to the day-worker situation.

"While some citizens may benefit economically, the majority of taxpayers have or will inevitably carry the additional cost of all services that the day workers and illegal immigrants use," the report said.

It also stated that the police department "has seen no increase in crime that can be directly attributed to this group of day workers; nor does it believe them to be more or less of a safety risk than the population at large."

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl ... 8802130362
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I really wonder if, as a community, we can't be the kind of community that, rather than exclude those people, tries to include them," Mary Ryan said.

"I like who we are as a community, but I think there is room for us to stretch and grow," Ryan told Mayor George Dempsey and the council.
    Are you prepared to stretch your community to accept the thousands upon thousands who will swarm in? Will you be prepared to pay for them?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Bet he would not want his community to grow from boat loads of racist white south africans

States are starting to feel the pain in their budgets...in Utah it costs $85,000,000 per year JUST to educated the children of illegals and they pay teachers the crappiest wages in the nation!

Let this moronic, illegal alien loving lady come live in my hometown for just one week and I bet she would be changing her tune pretty darn quick. After her car gets stolen, her house gets grafitti bombed, after she or her kids get molested, shot, stabbed or robbed, when her local hospital gets bankrupted and closed, the schools get overrun, etc., maybe she might get the picture. It's morons like her that got us into this problem in the first place.

These idiots don't get a clue until the damage is done and by then it's too late, they've taken over, with masses of illegals marching the streets waving Mexican flags, chanting in Spanish for free benefits and citizenship and calling everyone who disagrees a racist. Come live in SO CA for a week lady and you'll be down on the border screaming for the Feds to build a fence along with the rest of us.
    [/quote]
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€