Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NJ: Six points of identification for drivers license problem

Documentation: Coming up with six points of identification to renew a New Jersey driver's license is proving a major hurdle for a small segment of people for who are citizens, but weren't born in the U.S.

Many of those affected had their birth certificates or naturalization papers lost in the shuffle of their family's immigration. Others were born in the U.S., but at times or places where record-keeping was spotty.

"It's been an absolute disaster zone," said Mirella Cresitello, a 74-year-old Cranford resident and longtime driver who was born in Italy. "It's ridiculous."

Motor Vehicle Commission officials acknowledge the rules have created huge hurdles for people who are otherwise legally eligible to drive. They advise people who were been born overseas to begin getting their paperwork together well in advance of their license expiration date.

"It seems to be a problem for a small minority of folks, but it seems to be a consistent problem for those folks," said Cathleen Lewis, an MVC spokeswoman. For more information about license renewal, see the MVC Web site.
    -- Brian Donohue

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/0 ... ntain.html

IT'S ALSO A JOKE

IT'S BAD ENOUGH WE HAVE TO PROVE WE ARE LEGAL...
    BUT THE DECIEVING PART OF THIS WHOLE THING BY NJ Motor Vehicle Commission WAS
    they sent out a letter that stated your social security number didn't match your social security records and that you should call a number FOR MV they listed and get it corrected or you wouldn't be able to get your lincense and it could cause you a problem, don't call the social security office. we will straighten it out for you and if we can't, you may have to contact them

well the truth is they don't have your ss# in the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission DATABASE

a) because we never had to give it
    b) they didn't want to go through the ss records and do the work...

END RESULT WAS ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE GOT UPSET
    AND MANY SENIOR CITIZENS THOUGHT THEY WOULDN'T GET THERE CHECKS.......
    I CALLED SOCIAL SECURITY BECAUSE I KNEW MY NUMBER WAS CORRECT, I HAD JUST BEEN TO A OFFICE...SO I CALLED THE MV AND EXPRESSED MY DIS-SATISFACTION WITH THERE TACTICS
    AND REPORTED IT TO CONGRESSMAN...NEVER HEARD A THING...
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>