Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No "CARE" Packages. Merry Christmas

http://newsbyus.com/more.php?id=6515_0_1_0_M

No "CARE" Packages. Merry Christmas
    By James T. Moore on Dec 25, 06

If you really want to find out why people do certain things, look to their motive. It never fails. Problem is, motives can be obscure or hidden and must be tracked down and dug out.

There is one motive to which I’d like to do just that, because it involves an irresponsible, unsympathetic and petty act against our National Guard troops serving on the Arizona-Mexican border.

I’m not a fan of this war or any foreign war but having served in the South Pacific for three years during WWII I can emphasize with how a soldier feels when he is ignored or “shut down” by his superiors for any reason, particularly a reason that makes no sense at all.

N
    This is what just happened in Scottsdale, Arizona, and it’s made me hot as hell, In fact, I’m damn mad about the whole stinking episode.

It seems that the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps had organized a “care packages” operation to “thank” the 156 ational Guard troops from other states who had volunteered to help secure the United States--Mexico border. This was a rare gesture of appreciation since these soldiers had traded holiday visits with their families in their home states to help their fellow Guardsmen in Arizona.

Everything was going smoothly, until the “care” operation, originally cleared by field command, hit a snag. Out of the blue, the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps was suddenly told by commanders of the National Guard that troops will not be permitted to receive care packages during the holiday season. The operation, they averred, was nixed for political reasons involving orders from high level commanders and Arizona Governor Napolitano.

Those “political reasons” took on an unreal, condescending, bafflegab tone when explained by Major Paul Aguirre, Public Affairs Office, AZ National Guard: “The National Guard is very appreciative of your thoughtful offer during this holiday season, However, based on operational, safety, and security reasons we will be unable to support your request…distribute your care packages to our soldiers and airmen.”

A small gesture of appreciation to National Guard soldiers who volunteered to help secure our southwest border has been cancelled for “operational”, “safety”, and “security” reasons? What kind of bulloney is that?

Care packages would hardly upset any operation--- unless officers started grabbing the packages. Safety for whom from what? If an emergency occurs on the border the soldiers are trained to handle it, whether they get a box of candy or not. Finally, how distributing care packages jeopardizes security at the border totally escapes me.

Frankly, I think the limp explanation for brooming the care package operation sounds like a lot of crapola. Here’s why. Going back as far as WWII, I remember that care packages managed to get dropped and distributed to the U.S. troops in French vineyards, in the jungles in New Guinea, in a snow storm in East Germany, an during a shootout in the Philippines. Somebody was able to get care packages to those guys who were in a lot hotter spots than the AZ-Mex border.

Chris Simcox, Founder and President of the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps. knows this too: “Soldiers are always sent care packages while stationed on the front lines in combat. And the U.S.-Mexico border is the front line on the War on Terror. It is a shame they are punished by the politically motivated, discriminatory acts of Governor Napolitano and the open borders lobby in Washington, D.C,/”

Like I said at the top, if you want to find out why people do certain things, look to their motive. So if politics, discriminatory acts by a Governor, and the open border lobby in Washington are responsible for nixing the care packages to our troops, what the hell is their motive? Knowing war-hungry politicians, it could be anything.

As an ex-soldier, a concerned citizen, empathy with troops in harms way, and disgust with this sick and disgusting administration, I would like to know what their motive is. No, I demand it.

James T. Moore
    http://jamestmoore.us/

They don't want to lend any credibility to the people they term "viglantes". It's sickening, disgusting and downright ugly to do such a low-down heinous act for political reasons. These soul-less people sicken me.

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    They don't want to lend any credibility to the people they term "viglantes". It's sickening, disgusting and downright ugly to do such a low-down heinous act for political reasons. These soul-less people sicken me.
    Yes, the powers that be do not want the Minutemen to get praise or credit for doing something positive. At least the National Guard were aware of the care packages and who was responsible for initiating the program. I do not buy the security reason one bit.
    Why is it in so many directions good caring citizens turn someone in power appears against them?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    This once again shows that the motivations of the powers that be have nothing to do with showing gratitude for the wonderful job the National Guard and the Minutemen partroling our border are doing. I do know that this slight will not dampen, but strengthen the resolve of these wonderful men and women, who have no doubt perservered through much adversity.

listening to Chris simcox on the radio show they have every sunday night on a phoenix radio station, he told the audience that even groups like the ACLU went down to try and do the same thing and were turned back.

However, he later in the show hinted that he knew where everyone was stationed along the border and said "some are eating those store bought cookies and potato chips"

whats that tell ya?? LOL

I would still suggest to call the Az governors office and give them your two cents worth of opinion. i know i will