Thread: No Soy Criminal

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No Soy Criminal

No Soy Criminal
    by Carlos X/PNN Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 12:15 PM

Anti-immigrant legislation inspired by the "Minutemen" is passed by the House of Representatives. San Francisco passes an ordinance condemning it

I have been in the Estados Unidos for nine years. Everyday i wake up at 5:00 am and take two buses and a train across town to my job at a Chinese restaurant. Everyday I stand on my feet for twelve hours washing dishes for $6.00 per hour. Everyday as my hands swim through the soap and grease, my mind runs through the rios y playas I used to see in my country. Rios y playas that tourists spend thousands of dollars traveling to see.

Every night I get back on two buses and a train and return to my room. Every night I dream of going home. I am a hard worker. Sometimes I am a dreamer. I am not a criminal. No soy criminal

My POOR Magazine editor told me about a proposed law called “Border Protection, Anti-Terrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Actâ€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

[quote]Immigrant communities in San Francisco are organizing to defeat this egregious proposal. We will go to jail before we turn anyone in,â€
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Never mind! Comments are now showing up on the indybay website. But, I couldn't delete this post -- I could just edit it.
    [quote:1luhdh6m]
    Be sure to go to the floowing web site and post your comments

http://www.indybay.org/news/2006/02/1799857.php
    When I followed the link above, the "latest comment" area was completely blank with the header:
    LATEST COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
    Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 1 posted about this article.
    These comments are anonymously submitted by website visitors.
    which doesn't make much sense (10 of 1?).

Just wondering if the "add a comment" is shut off because the article is a couple of days old or if the website is "broken". I didn't want to bother trying to add a comment that would never show up. Anybody else see anything?
    [/quote:1luhdh6m]

Everyday I stand on my feet for twelve hours washing dishes for $6.00 per hour.
    Hey Carlos, guess what?

You're being exploited. Minimum wage in CA is $6.75. Except in SF, that is, where it's $8.50.

It's curious that the SF Board of Stupidvisors aren't concerned about this. Maybe it's because they're the ones who own the restaurants that exploit people like you.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

and did you walk through ten feet of snow too?
    Everyday i wake up at 5:00 am and take two buses and a train across town to my job at a Chinese restaurant
    big deal- when I was between cars I took two buses- I walked miles because it was easier then taking the bus- and I didnt complain. for 6.00 an hour - I worked swing shift at nordstroms hanging up clothes all night - to pay the rent for my daughter and I, when no one wanted to hire an art major with a bachelors degree-basically I took any job the temp agency sent me out on--
    maybe you shouldnt have bought the story of how the streets are paved with gold in the united states- maybe you should go back to your own country and ride a burrow-
    the united states guarantees nothing- not even to those who have been citizens for 8 generations

Brain Flash- how about sending flyers to every chinese restaurant in the San francisco area ?

the united states guarantees nothing- not even to those who have been citizens for 8 generations
    Well, that's not exactly true anymore, Thelma.

Some people have hundreds of taxpayer funded groups ready at the drop of a sombrero to guarantee all kinds of things to people like Carlos.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

I just copied my reply and posted it to the site - it is working -please let's give em hell