Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No water, sewer for Immokalee residents who can't show U.S.

No water, sewer for Immokalee residents who can't show U.S. ID's

By I.M. STACKEL (Contact)
    6:06 p.m., Thursday, April 2, 2009

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr ... nt-show-u/

Families in Immokalee have lost their sewer and water service because they could not produce U.S. government-issued identification cards.

A policy that Immokalee Water and Sewer District governors approved in October went into effect last week, costing some six families basic bathing and toilet access.

Jim Kean, a caseworker for Catholic Charities of Collier County’s Guadalupe Social Services — not to be confused with the Guadalupe Center of Immokalee — sent an urgent e-mail to Collier Commissioner Jim Coletta on Thursday morning seeking help.

The new policy is “unjust, illogical, tilting toward racism and ethnic profiling, and a further marginalization of our farmworker families,â€
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

I have a real problem with this because no one is going after the employers who are responsible for the IA's being here in the first place plus I do believe shuting off water and sewer in no way will cause these people to leave it will just make them live in unbearable conditions and is inhumane.

It would be much kinder to put them in detention awaiting deportation,at least they would have water and sewer.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

ELE

Go get em Immokalee! You are right!

Gee, that's a fantastic idea! I think I'll move to Immokalee, in the "sactuary state" that I live in, they give illegals free housing, food, education, jobs, and an entire array of welfare goodies, while the people here are losing their jobs and homes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They have to put their foot down as these people don't care about a credit rating so they don't pay their bills. This is a known fact. Many of them ended up going back home and leaving their homes in foreclosure. If they were about to be deported they did not even try to sell their homes before they left.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fred Thomas motioned to have IWS staff come up with a definition of what type of ID to require for services, authorized them to put locks on meters when needed without preceding the process by a final notice.
    There's the rub.

Here's an idea! Kean, Catholic Charities and anyone else who aids and abets illegal aliens could put the illegals accounts in their names. When the illegals skip out on paying the bill, Kean and his cronies can pay.

In fact, this should be multiplied millions of times throughout the country. Those sympathetic to the "poor, poooor" illegal aliens can pay for everything the illegals use/consume. See how long that lasts.
    "

After moving from the late, great tourist trap of FL to NC, every utility I hooked up in the new house demanded I provide them a SSN so they could run a credit check, since I was from out of state, including water and sewer utility. The utility should put the water into the property owner's name, and have the illegals pay the property owner on top of rent. And if these undocumented were able to purchase a home, I would recommend the utility put the bills into the name of the bank that foolishly loaned the illegals the money. Can't wait to see the lawsuits flying if they try that.

vortex: Interesting. So the landlords - who rent to immigrants keep the utilities in landlords name.

USPatriot said:
    I have a real problem with this because no one is going after the employers who are responsible for the IA's being here in the first place
    I DO agree with this point. I'm a little less sympathetic towards illegal aliens, but these kinds of acts by officials just INCREASES SYMPATHY for aliens and provides fuel for those who want to portray them as victims.

We HAVE TO GO AFTER EMPLOYERS WHO HIRE ILLEGALS. These employers are providing one of the main incentives. These employers will sacrifice their country for their own self-serving benefit, because of their GREED. They pay illegals low wages, then just pass on the costs of illegals to the rest of us - for health care, etc.

Arrest the employers and lock them up.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    USPatriot said:
    I have a real problem with this because no one is going after the employers who are responsible for the IA's being here in the first place
    I DO agree with this point. I'm a little less sympathetic towards illegal aliens, but these kinds of acts by officials just INCREASES SYMPATHY for aliens and provides fuel for those who want to portray them as victims.

We HAVE TO GO AFTER EMPLOYERS WHO HIRE ILLEGALS. These employers are providing one of the main incentives. These employers will sacrifice their country for their own self-serving benefit, because of their GREED. They pay illegals low wages, then just pass on the costs of illegals to the rest of us - for health care, etc.

Arrest the employers and lock them up.
    I guess I am a little more sympathetic to the Immokalie IA's as they are the poorest of the poor farm workers who are paid slave wages by rich growers.

I think these IA's should be asked who they work for and their employers water and sewer disconnected !!!

I am also po'd at our legislature who are too chicken to uphold our immigration laws or go after employers so they pick on poor farm workers instead.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

USPatriot said:
    I think these IA's should be asked who they work for and their employers water and sewer should be disconnected !!!
    I would be all for that! We HAVE TO go after the employers.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast