Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Non citizens obtain right to cast a ballot in U.S. elections

Globalism gone beserk?

Non citizens obtain right to cast a ballot in U.S. elections

By Dr. Paul L. Williams
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The citizens of Portland and San Francisco will vote November 2 on propositions that will grant non American citizens the right to cast a vote in upcoming elections.

The new measure is not without precedent.

In Chicago, legal residents who are not U.S. citizens already possess the right to cast ballots in school board elections.

Similarly, non-American citizens may vote in municipal elections within many districts in Maryland.

In San Francisco, the ballot question will ask voters whether they want to allow non-citizens to vote in school board elections if the immigrants are the parents, legal guardians or caregivers of children in the school system.

The Maine ballot will ask voters whether legal immigrants who are city residents but not U.S. citizens should be allowed to vote in municipal elections. If the measure passes, Maine’s non-citizens will be able to cast vote in school board, city council and other municipal elections.

The Maine League of Young Voters, which is spearheading the drive to enfranchise newly arrived immigrants, estimates there are 5,000 to 7,500 immigrants in Portland – - half of whom are not U.S. citizens.

Somali Muslims represent the largest group of Maine’s newly arrived immigrants. http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/015062.html

At the Al-Amin Halal Market in Portland, Somali men eat hilib ari (goat) and converse in their native language.

Abdirizak Daud, 40, one of the Somalis, hasn’t been able to find a job. Some of his nine children have attended Portland schools, and he’d like to have a say in who’s looking over the school system and the city, he said.

“I like the Democrats. I want to vote for Democrats, but I don’t have citizenship,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I had a relative who used to say "America will be taken over from within" How right she was. I hoped I wouldn't be around to see it.