Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

AE wrote:

I am looking forward to:

Increased wages, more competitive job market for potential employees, better benefits, lowered housing costs, and an overall better outlook for American citizens. I do not seek out lowered food prices or cheap gas, I just look for better wages so we can afford current prices.
    Unfortunately, I look for cheap prices all the time and occasionally, very occasionally go to Wal-Mart.
    Apparently, according to the New World Order, our wages are already way beyond most of the countries in the world and should be revised to meld better with the $2 per day some countries have as median income.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    It is beginning to look like recession may be a good thing, and these people are self-deporting out of rising prices and fear of ICE raids.
    And these folks can guarantee themselves a future by fixing their own country, if they absorbed anything at all from the US.
    I've been saying this since the recession started. It IS a blessing in disguise in so many ways even beyond IA's. I would GLADLY live this way the rest of my life if it means the USA is free of IA's. It's a small price to pay...

Agree, SicNTiredInSoCal.
    This country is getting a dose of reality in our over-consuming lives. Once there was a report about an athletic pro who lives in a 10,000 sq. ft. mansion around Miami, a place so large he Segways his way around rather than walking.
    I think this mess is teaching Americans that there is an end to anything in excess and you never know what side you are going to get hit from these days.

AE

vortex, I can surely agree that there are plenty of people out there, in this nation, that have lived lives of huge over-consumption. I can also say, I can assure you, I (overall my family) have not been one of those. I am lucky we can keep food around, let alone the bills paid. We work hard, but wages are so depressed, and honestly, it would be nice to see wages increase to a level where it is no longer a struggle to feed our kids, that's all I really want.

Sure, I would love to have a place of our own, and I am not one of those who has big home ambitions, but anything where we could have some space to stretch out (950 square feet, two bedroom place for four people just is not enough), but with wages as they are, and all, and the market got so screwed up (by both greedy mortgage companies/agents, and home buyers with no sense), that prices have become so unreasonable, even for the most modest home.

I do agree, I see these people, out there driving more vehicle than they need, spending indiscriminately, and living in mega homes. I also see our allover market so bombarded with so much "stuff" (I wanted to call it something else, but probably would be edited!), that it seems people feel the need to just buy, even when they do not really need it.

I consider myself a heavily conservative person, but my beliefs are old-fashioned in that I do not want my kids to think having is all there is, and that we have to have all the latest stuff. We are happier without all of the trappings.

But, if this teaches more Americans to live more simply, and have to live like the rest of us have HAD to live, then good, and the bonus could be to also chase out the illegals too, who thought the American dream was theirs to steal.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12