Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nuisance Gutierrez urges Bush to help out defiant invader

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/intervene16.html

U.S. Rep. urges Bush to intervene

August 16, 2006

BY ESTHER J. CEPEDA Staff Reporter

U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) has written a letter to President George Bush urging him to intervene on behalf of Elvira Arellano, an immigration activist who is is hunkered down at a west side church to avoid deportation to Mexico. In the letter, Gutierrez details Arellano’s son Saul’s Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and his need for continuing medical and counseling services.

Gutierrez introduced private relief bill for Arellano in April of 2005. In his letter he asks the President “to allow the legislation I introduced the opportunity to be addressed before you take action to deport this outstanding woman.”

Arellano, 31, moved into a small room above Adalberto United Methodist Church, 2176 W. Division St., along with her seven-year-old son Saul, claiming sanctuary Tuesday morning.

She was to have reported to immigration offices to be deported but is waiting for private bills to extend her stay in the United States. A prayer service was held this morning at the church.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesperson Tim Counts said Arellano is considered a fugitive who will be arrested and deported at a future time and date, regardless of where she is residing. “We have the authority to arrest anyone in violation of U.S. law anywhere in the United States.”

Comparing herself to civil rights legend Rosa Parks, Arellano she will stay at the church as long as it takes to obtain an extension, and is armed with video cameras to film a possible church arrest.

“If they come for me in this place they’ll have to face God. We have video cameras and we’ll show how the federals violate the house of God,” she said.

ecepeda@suntimes.com

The nerve of this jerk is appauling
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I saw this and I wanted to smack yet another elected official up to the side of the head for once again encouraging illegal behavior for criminals.

Why isn't this Latino spokesman getting their group and helping out the Latino borderpatrol agents who were doing their job? No....just illegals....not citizens....

Then this jerk wants ALL deportations to stop. Seems we could save alot trouble and heartached and ship him and the rest back to Mexico or wherever.....because with this disregard for the law, it will be no time till it's a more corrupt hell hole like Mexico is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bush probably will help too but won't make the news.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I emailed Sen. Durbin and Congressman Gutierrez:

Outstanding woman, criminal, indeed!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=198415

Re:
    "When I came through in August of 1997 -- the first time, with a fake ID .
    . . I was detained and sent back home," Arellano said in Spanish. "But I
    didn't know it was considered a deportation. Three days later I got over
    by just walking through a town."
    Here, she worked as a cleaning lady at O'Hare Airport until 2002, when she
    was arrested and subsequently convicted in federal court for working under
    a false Social Security number.

With the help of Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.)
    and various community groups, Arellano secured four one-year extensions to
    stay in the United States. They enabled her to get a legal Social Security
    card, Illinois driver's license and work permit. But she's still
    ineligible for citizenship because of her first arrest.
    IMO, she's had a lot of chances to understand that she is engaging in
    criminal activity. What I don't get, is don't the congressfolk get that
    she's a criminal? _________________

Why should only AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the
    law?!

************************************************** *************************

Sir, Why do you support criminal behavior? Clearly, Arellano is a
    criminal from the FIRST time she entered this country illegally, meaning
    to do so, with fake ID. So, you are aiding and abetting a felon.

Sincerely,
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Great, she admits to identity fraud, being in the country illegaly, etc. and now she wants help. How typical.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

But sippy, read the article...

She's been getting help for YEARS! It's so illogical!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

“If they come for me in this place they’ll have to face God. We have video cameras and we’ll show how the federals violate the house of God,” she said.
    I'm sure God appreciates her using his name and church to further her illegal activities.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Sacrilege, IMO.
    TIME'S UP!

She was to have reported to immigration offices to be deported but is waiting for private bills to extend her stay in the United States.
    What, now we have private bills exclusively for illegal aliens facing deportation? And what, pray tell, makes this woman so special that she has had her deportation stayed no less that 4 times (count em, 4!) in the first place? Time for ICE to do their job, even if it means prying her fingernails off the pew she'll probably cling to, one by one!

Would this same church give sanctuary to an American citizen wanted for forgery, or identity theft? If not, they are blatant hypocrites, IMHO.

Deport her and her child can get free medical in Mexico. This guy Gutierrez should be thrown out of office for his blatant refusal to enforce our laws, not make special laws for criminals in this country. There are no exceptions here illegal is illegal.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast