Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just me, but I think we have the laws and the ability to verify documents - it is just the will that is lacking.

Our government doesn't really, really want it to happen and the employers certainly don't.

Will we have total voluntary deportation, of course not, but one speech by this President would send many home.

I lost my SS card, and hadn't carried one for decades, but we were going to be in WAshington state for a few months and thought I might need to have a physical card.

The lady at the SS office asked for my number, punched it in and said, yes "Mrs. ________" - you were born on such and such date, in such and such town, such and such county, such and such state. You mother's name was - your father's name was. It was lightning fast.

Now there is no reason those files can't be accessed to check this information. She didn't tell me word about any earnings, or anything like that. They may not want to actually give employers access to that, but it could be worked through a government employee. If you punch in a number and it says it belongs to Mary Smith, born in 1935 and you have a young hispanic male in front of you - there's a problem. It would also then give them the opportunity to alert Mary Smith and let her get her records straightened out.l

Heck, there are plenty of us retired folks that would volunteer to check out those numbers -

If there was a will to actually do anything.

I do agree - they are playing musical chairs, however. If you believed all the stories and that all these people had left, there would be a noticeable stream of cars headed to Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

don't be fooled

Every one of those jobs can now be filled by American workers and if not, wage offers will rise. The jobs will be filled. No sympathy for this company. This woman needs to go back to Ecuador and be with her four kids. The public schools are pretty good there and college is free...she shouldn't be complaining about that. She can get a ticket to Ecuador on Continental Airlines and fly right out of Newark..!

Fresh Direct, the online grocery delivery operation that caters to affluent and overworked New Yorkers
    This tells it all. An EXPENSIVE online grocery delivery operation. These employers are raking in the dough while their employees are paid cheaply. No wonder they're trying to unionize!

But good riddance to the 40 illegal workers!! I wish they WOULD go home!

TexasGal

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

Just me, but I think we have the laws and the ability to verify documents - it is just the will that is lacking.
    No, actually we don't. What we do have is a requirement for employers to check new hires against a list of documents that are a mile long. Most of the documents required by law are easily forged, which gives employers an easy out. Some of the documents are even obtainable by illegals. For example, seven or eight states currently issue driver's licenses to illegals. All an employer is required to do is check the document, not verify that it is valid. While the ability to verify most documents does exist, employers are not required by law to do so. That's where the SAVE Act and the "no-match" letters come into play. Under the current system all an employers has to do is claim the document looked real. It's difficult to hold their feet to the fire when so many loopholes exist.

[quote]EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTATION

The new immigration law requires that all employees hired after November 6, 1986, must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility. Applicants will be required to submit the original of one document from List “Aâ€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Fresh Direct? Not!!!!!!!!!!! With more than 40 illegal aliens working there
    E. coli Direct is more appropriate.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If there are no ways to determine a person's legality - how then is ICE rounding up any of them.?

We have manged to do it for years -

If ICE can round up 20 - they can round up 200 - a day - all over this country.

I'm not buying the, 'we're helpless'.

Go ahead and pass SAVE - please don't squeeze some amnesty, rights, etc., in it - And don't sit on your thumbs and wait for it - do something.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I say Jolly Good Deal!

mw I did read part of the 80's amnesty bill and I confess it didn't sound as tough as I would have liked it - but of course half of it made no sense at all.

I do think, however, there is enough laws to get the ball rolling.

Evidently they have the laws to do small 'made for TV' raids. That would seem to mean they have enough laws to do some meaningful raids. Just a couple of big raids - ones that truly warranted media coverage and I think it would make a difference.

Then don't just 'detain' them. 'Ascertain' them as illegals and send them home.

Evidently, there are enough laws for Ice to round up a few at a time - and to ascertain they are illegal -

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

mw I did read part of the 80's amnesty bill and I confess it didn't sound as tough as I would have liked it - but of course half of it made no sense at all.

I do think, however, there is enough laws to get the ball rolling.

Evidently they have the laws to do small 'made for TV' raids. That would seem to mean they have enough laws to do some meaningful raids. Just a couple of big raids - ones that truly warranted media coverage and I think it would make a difference.

Then don't just 'detain' them. 'Ascertain' them as illegals and send them home.

Evidently, there are enough laws for Ice to round up a few at a time - and to ascertain they are illegal -
    At the risk of sounding ignorant, I don't see how this post has anything to do with mine.

Please read my post again. What I'm saying is we need to close the loopholes and inact tougher employer sanctions. The SAVE Act and no-match letters would assign more accountability to employers. We need to remove their excuses for not following the law.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast