Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Oakland mayor fires back at Trump: ‘It’s my duty to protect my residents’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oakland mayor fires back at Trump: ‘It’s my duty to protect my residents’

Oakland mayor fires back at Trump: ‘It’s my duty to protect my residents’

By Josh Delk - 05/19/18 09:25 AM EDT

The mayor of Oakland, Calif., on Friday defended her intervention in immigration-related arrests that President Trump has called an obstruction of justice.

In a weekend op-ed for The Washington Post, Mayor Libby Schaaf (D) claimed she was upholding her "duty" to her residents by warning illegal immigrants in the city of an incoming federal immigration raid in February.

"As mayor, it’s my duty to protect my residents — especially when our most vulnerable are unjustly attacked. As a leader, it’s my duty to call out this administration’s anti-immigrant fearmongering for what it is: a racist lie," Schaaf wrote, also denying the "obstruction of justice" allegation.

"Mr. President, I am not obstructing justice. I am seeking it," she wrote, writing that the immigrants in her community "deserve justice too."

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which planned to target around 1,000 people living illegally in the Bay Area city earlier this year, said Schaaf's warning tweet prevented the arrests of nearly 800.

"I wanted to make sure that people were prepared, not panicked, and that they understood their legal rights," she said. She said she did not share information that would put law enforcement at risk.

Trump's has targeted Schaaf for criticism multiple times since then, including as recently as this week when the president told Attorney General Jeff Sessions during a meeting that he should consider prosecuting the mayor.

In his March announcement of a lawsuit against California for its "sanctuary state" policies, Sessions also singled out Schaaf, asking why the mayor would "needlessly endanger the lives of our law enforcement officers to promote a radical open borders agenda.”

“It was not my intention to get caught up in a national debate, but I do believe that I am speaking for the residents of my city,” Schaaf responded at the time. “The agenda of this administration is petty political vindictiveness.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-to-protect-my
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope they investigate like Trump asked, because the Mayor didn't do this for "justice", she didn't do this for the "unjustly attacked", she didn't do this for her "residents". She did this for the foreign drug cartels behind illegal immigration. Trump just needs to prove one of these filthy sanctuary city mayors is on the take with the cartels and he can bust this evil scourge against our country and citizens wide open.
    Last edited by Judy; 05-19-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Audit hers and Moonbeams bank accounts.

She did this out of spite and hope it bites her on her rear end.

Gang members, illegal aliens, foreign criminals are not our "most vulnerable" she is full of it up to her eyeballs!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Exactly.

So what is The Granny, er, I mean, Attorney General Sessions going to do about that mayor?

I'll make fun of all public figures because they are in the spotlight and not immune from comic relief. (The People vs Larry Flint)

"As mayor, it’s my duty to protect my residents — especially when our most vulnerable are unjustly attacked.
    No! It's your duty to uphold the laws of this land and your state as you promised in the oath you took!

“It was not my intention to get caught up in a national debate
    It is not the intent of most criminals to get caught!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    I'll make fun of all public figures because they are in the spotlight and not immune from comic relief. (The People vs Larry Flint)
    So you are just a joke! You don't intend serious debate!

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She needs to be charged with Obstruction!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Consider? What is there to consider? Either grow a backbone or resign. Those should be his only two options.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast